9

Megan

Megan

I smile as I see the picture of Normani holding 4-year-old Brooke in her lap framed on my desk. I smile looking at my wife and daughter beautifully captured in the photo. How could I not?

I set the frame down after a while and continued writing down all my calculations. Teyana is asking me to go back over numbers to make sure money is routed where it needs to go. She kept bothering me about it on vacation so I'm finally getting back to it now that I'm back home. I won't lie, it's relaxing to run the numbers on the page and punch the calculations into the calculator. Is it wrong to call this sort of thing fun? I don't know.

The papers were so crisp when I first started but they feel so glossy as my pen has glided all over them for the past hour.

My phone buzzes with a picture of Brooke smiling in the kitchen holding up a golden medal. Normani texted it to me. I smile but frown not much long after. I didn't miss the competition, I was there, front row cheering her on, but They had all the winners turn their medals back in so that their names could be engraved on the back of the medallion. I will never forget her jumping into our arms afterwards crying tears of joy, happy for herself because she took the time to stay back for floor routines and she nailed it. Normani cried emotionally alongside her and I took a picture of them both looking a fool. It was such a great day. Our baby is a winner just like us.

I treated her to some red lobster because, like her two moms, she inherited our love for seafood. She deserved it all. She has worked so hard and I love getting to spend time with her and be a stage mom with Normani by my side. I encourage her and Normani celebrates her like no other. I feel like she has the best cheer squad which is ironic because she's the cheerleader.

Mrs. Hamilton-Pete:

She's a champ!

We miss you, baby. When can you finally get home baby?

I miss you. We miss you. She wants you to see the medal in person!

Me:

I'm so proud of our babyyyyyy

I should be home in two hours

just in time for dinner

tell her I cant wait to see it!

I set my phone down and quickly jot down the least of what I have to. I'm calculating what is due for Robyn when Teyana knocks on the door and then comes in.

The air is thick with bullshit already. Straight up nasty smoke. I just can't tell where it's coming from though. Is it coming from her or Justin, who I think I can spot smoking from outside based on his silhouette? Either way, every time Teyana walks into this office, it's just bad fucking news.