8

Megan

Megan

Brooke and Normani are desperately clinging to each other as we tour the ruins in Malta. there are a whole bunch of broken-off rocks and stones surrounding an ancient building. Samira and I try to hold the both of them up as we laugh.

"Dang Mama, you couldn't choose a rockier place?" Brooke complains. "Ow!!!!"

She twisted her ankle on a cobblestone and jumped up and down dramatically, holding her foot.

I knock her on the back of the head for drawing attention. For this entire trail, she has been complaining and being a drama queen about how it was so hot walking up this damn mountain.  She's been complaining about having to walk for these whole two miles of sightseeing. She only wants to be in shops and boutiques but I've been trying to tell her that there's more to traveling than being in gift shops. She's so spoiled and forgets to live in the moment sometimes.

"Don't pop her for acting like you!" Normani says as she rubs the back of Brooke's head. "C'mon, baby does it hurt a lot?"

Brooke lets her foot down, "It's okay Mommy."

We continue forward. It's not dramatically hot, just 85 degrees because we're walking in the early morning. However, once we get to the top of the mountain, Brooke goes running to find some gift shops. I sigh and roll my eyes, crossing my arms. I don't even bother to say anything.

"You okay baby?" Normani comes up to me and asks.

"Nah, Brooke is seeing ungrateful and it's annoying me because I want to spend family time. She usually doesn't act this way." I admit. "She's way too old to be needing to be popped."

"I know, but baby, you made us get up and walk a 4-mile trail when we're supposed to be on vacation." She says. "We're only halfway through and it's hot and exhausting, baby."

I sit and realize. I understand what she's saying but I want to maybe make Brooke happy by letting her see the historical sites here. Every time we travel we go directly to the beach and I wanted to try something different. Brooke loves history and she enjoys watching war and battle documentaries. I assumed maybe this would be interesting and more catered to her.

"Although she was being dramatic so I don't blame you, shit I was about to throw her off the cliff for complaining.

Samira seems to look like she's thinking.

"What's up with you, Samsam?"

"Oh, I was going to suggest that I could take her to this theme park and you two could spend the day together. Would you two mind? I mean I'm trying to take the load off of you two."

"Sounds good, Sam, thanks," Normani answers for me and I'm so grateful.

"Okay, we can go back to the rental house, and Sam... how far is the amusement park?"