"But I'm here right now because I will finally be able to rest in peace because of you Hisoka." Itachi added.

Finally settling down and getting absorbed into this serious yet emotional moment, "Why?.." Hisoka lowly asked. He saw Itachi look at you for a short bit before looking back at him. Still smiling.

"Because you are doing what needed to be done. You are with her. Loving her. Protecting her. Healing her.
You are looking after her Hisoka.." Itachi contentedly replied. Evoking the promise Hisoka recalls from memory Itachi asking him to keep.

"..I just came to tell you that I forgive you Hisoka. I know you will never ask for it. But I am here because deep down the conversation you and I last had still bothers you internally. Although I wasn't happy with your choices over the years, to an extent I understood them and was nevertheless grateful for the bit you did do for her education and wellbeing. What matters, is now. You have changed.. And I want you to be free from that guilt. You constantly sought out my validation...Well, now you have it. You are doing every right."

"You are loving her the way she deserves to be loved...The way I would've loved her. I'm happy Hisoka. So thank you..I can finally rest in peace now because of you."

As if his muscles have been in a life long state of tension and agony, it all suddenly started to relax and unwind after hearing that last bit from Itachi. Ever since Itachi confessed to him that he loved you, he always thought, till this day - years later, that the only man that could ever love you right. The only man to be so deserving of being your partner, was Itachi. No other man was perfect enough for you but Itachi Uchiha.

But here he was, telling him that he is loving you right... The way he would've loved you.
This was the type of validation Hisoka thought he would never receive, yet alone ever believe he was capable of loving you on the same level the deserving Itachi would have..
But he got it. And he would be lying if he said his soul and conscience wasn't feeling so heavy anymore.

You watched Hisoka close his eyes and develop an extremely deep contented small smile.

Placing your free hand on his cheek again, "Hisoka what's happening..?" you meekly asked again - not wanting to over do it although you were confused and worried.

Slowly peering his eyes open, he looked down pensively at you.

"Your best friend decided to pay me a personal visit right now.. Just to say he is happy for us." Hisoka vaguely answered you. There were just some things that are meant to be left unsaid..
This matter was always just between him and Itachi. So he was going to leave it that way.

Eyes immediately welling up, your lips tugged down again. "Itachi is really here? He really said that?" Your tearful voice cracked. It was more tears of happiness and excitement than sadness. Sadness that you couldn't see him. But nonetheless, knowing he was here on your big deal.

Wiping your tears smoothly away with his index finger, "Yes my emotional woman." Hisoka tenderly answered you.

Watching Hisoka's display of affection towards you, Itachi smiled even more. "Tell her she looks beautiful for me please..And that she needs to start being careful with herself. She can't run off and do her own thing anymore without you.." Itachi distantly said as he analysed how beautiful you look today.

Relaying the message back to you - which Hisoka completely agreed on,  more tears of joy escaped your eyes. Smiling through your tears, you thought about the past and how Itachi always would be supportive of your decisions but would still lecture you while tending to you and your mistakes.
Taking in one deep-short breath, "I miss you so much Itachi.." you uttered to the spot Hisoka looked at when he spoke to 'Itachi'