Chapter 48

With one hour passing. Maleeka had fallen comfortably asleep against Hisoka's chest.

Hearing extremely quiet and light footsteps which could only belong to an assassin. Hisoka peered open his eyes half way. Looking to his side from the corner of his eye.

It was Killua.

Trying his best to play off the intimidation and fear of Hisoka, Killua sat against the wall a few good inches away from him, gently pushing a bag to him.

Clearing his throat in hopes it'll wash away his nerves, "I brought Maleeka's iPod because I k-know music helps her relax. In case she's feeling stressed about Y/n's surgery . And her favourite foods. Just in case she's here for hours and is hungry." He stiffly spoke. A gesture that clearly showcased that Killua knew Maleeka well.

Killua knows Hisoka, and has been around him a few times. But knowing the mafia title he has, and being Maleeka's father made it a lot more nerve wrecking to be in his presence. From experience, he knew how defensive a person gets over their own blood.

Glaring at this young man without blinking, "I see." He curtly acknowledged before closing his eyes stilly again. Remembering the potential romantic interest these two might have in the future, his fatherly protectiveness and possessiveness kicked in. But he recalled the conversation he had with you earlier about this. He had too control himself a bit.

If he had his way, he would pull out his gun and tell him to stay away from his daughter. But of course that would anger both you and Maleeka.

"Where's Illumi?" Hisoka asked in attempt to break the silence and get to know this boy Maleeka has a crush on.

Not wanting to stare at Hisoka to make it weird, Killua looked down at his lap. "Before he left Maleeka and I, he said he had unfinished business to take care of. Afterwards, he will drop by." He replied.

As much as Hisoka wanted too wonder about what unfinished business Illumi had to take care of, he couldn't help but be irked by his daughter's name roll off another male's tongue. Hisoka was really struggling to keep his possessiveness over what's his under check.

"Did you make sure no one was looking suspiciously at Maleeka or following her when you were alone?" Hisoka began the interrogation.

"Y-yes. I know she's at high risk being your daughter. And she told me what happened in Paris. I didn't take any chances. But it's not that she needed me. She's very independent and strong willed." He nervously answered.

Being somewhat satisfied with that answer since it indicated that Killua knew she was strong, intuitive and no push over for anyone, Hisoka purposely cherry picked issues to correct in that sentence.

"She is. But even so, you never let your guard down. Independent woman or not, it's your duty to look out for her when it's just the two of you. You deal with the issue first before she does. She's a child and younger than you after all." He smoothly uttered. Low enough to ensure Maleeka doesn't get up. Emphasising on the word child subtly to remind Killua that she was far too young for any nonsense boys like to indulge in.

Trying to not break a nervous sweat, Killua curtly nodded his head. "Of c-course."

"Has Maleeka ever said anything to you about Y/n and I? I know a lot bothers her, but she doesn't say anything to me." Hisoka curiously asked. Thinking about that ugly fight he got into with you that left Maleeka in distraught tears.

Gulping dryly, "She did..But I don't think she would like it if I shared her feelings and thoughts with anyone. I'm s-sorry." Killua bravely replied. Knowing he could get beat up in a second by refusing to reveal information to Hisoka