Chapter 45

After finding and eating at a 24 hour ramen restaurant. The two of you decided to call it a night and head back. Especially because of how gross it felt to be covered in lake water. A shower was dire.

Having gone first since Hisoka said he needed to attend to a few calls and get the plane up and flying.

You had opened the shower tap to muffle your vomiting of blood. Medically speaking, your liver function had to be around 35%. And you could physically feel your body shutting down slowly.

It wasn't only the organ failure affects that were causing the excruciating pain, it was the toxin build up your liver failed to filter out that made everything deathly painful.

From your blood, to your urine, every single build up had poisonous toxins coursing throughout your body. 

Managing to smuggle a morphine injection into the bathroom without Hisoka seeing, you injected it straight into your vein once your violent shakes and vomiting stopped.

Medicinal wise, there wasn't any medication that could help you anymore. So the only thing left to do was at least make the journey less painful with morphine. Which was a dangerous game for you, especially being a recovery addict for seven years that you weren't aware of.

Wrapping the empty needle with toilet paper, you threw it in the trash and got into the shower since you were now numb enough to the pain.

Not taking long in the shower because you could feel your body grow weak and tired, you quickly dried your hair, injected another syringe of morphine before falling off too sleep. Unable to wait up for Hisoka.

Done with setting the flight on automatic cruise and having a shower. Hisoka stood over your sleeping self. Watching you ever so closely. Having all the make up gone - revealing all the internal bleeding and bruises from the fight reminded him more so about your critical condition. He knew it wasn't just that, by him being abusive towards you that night sped up the damage.

Having care free fun with you today truly made him forget that you were on the brink of death.

Releasing a strenuous sigh, Hisoka brought up the heart monitor, clipped it on your finger gently-careful to not wake you up. And got on the bed facing you. Remembering that his presence dulled down your pain and helped you cope by providing relaxation.

Busy with his phone. On extremely important matters of trying to figure out what the hell was happening with your organ donor candidates. Hisoka's frustration gradually skyrocketed. Illumi had found several people that matched you, but a few hours later, they would be found dead. Chopped into pieces. No organs could ever possibly be salvaged.

Someone was fucking with Hisoka big time. And he hated it.

He didn't have time nor interest to deal with enemies wanting to overthrow him. His focus was on only You. To get his hands on one. Just one liver. After it being in his possession and transplanted in you, only then would Hisoka mercilessly deal with whoever was trying to screw with him by wanting you dead.

Clenching his jaw at the unsuccessful attempts, Hisoka decided to put his phone away before he crushed it into nothingness out of sheer anger and worry.

Having done that and looked at you, his anger immediately disappeared into oblivion, and got replaced with even more concern and stress.

Dripping smoothly from the corner of your mouth, was fresh blood.

"No.." He whispered, wiping it away.
Although it wasn't constant. Having blood drip out of you every 5 minutes wasn't a good sign.