Chapter 5

An hour and a half ended up passing as Hisoka kept repeating what Sabastian said to him. Was he really wanting to be apart of her life?

If only the answer would be that easy. Hisoka was, and still is the most stubborn person alive to acknowledge any type of emotion. Living in denial or convincing himself good emotions don't exist was his normal.

However, not letting his mind ponder any longer, Hisoka got up and made his way to the elevator. According to Maleeka, you'll be out of surgery in 30 minutes. He had to return her back to the 9th floor.

Ignoring all the glances on the way, Hisoka gently placed her down on the sofa in the nurses lounge. Apart of him wanted to leave his jacket that she was so comfortably sleeping with, for both warmth and remembrance, but he couldn't. He knew you would know the jacket belongs to him by scent.

This all brought him back in time to the days you could only fall asleep because of his scent in high school.

He wondered whether you still had his high school favorite jacket. And if you did, he wondered whether you still wear it.

Did you still ball up into it in bed? Walk around with nothing but his jacket and shorts on in a messy ponytail? Study with it?

Do you even still feel for him after all these years?

Sighing strenuously, Hisoka let go of all his torturous thoughts. He had to get out of here.

Threatening the nurses life to ensure none of them informed you that he was there, Hisoka took his leave. Just in time too because you left the theater early.

"Hey where's Maleeka?" You questioned with much exhaustion in your voice. Ripping off that suffocating mask and gloves.

"U-Uh she's sleeping in the nurses lounge." The lady informed, trying her best to not act nervous.

Seeing her sleeping face instantly melted your heart, however guilt flooded your system. You felt like such a terrible mother by bringing your child to work and expecting her to wait for you. Countless of hours for you.

You knew well enough that the stipulated working hours for doctors it is never followed. Working over time and being called in at random hours is normal. But it cannot be Maleeka's normal.

Clocking out 18:00 in hopes no one would stop you, you carefully lifted up Maleeka and placed her in the back seat. However starting the engine seemed to have awaken her.

"Mom you are back!" Despite just waking up, she beamed with excitement at her mother's presences by hugging her from the back.

"Ah I'm sorry I woke you up my angel." Your guilt increased.

"It was just my afternoon nap! Are we going home now?" She asked.

Smiling bittersweetly, you nodded. "Yes we are my love."

"Yayyy! What's for supper?" she asked.

Internally sighing, you kept quiet for a bit. You were beyond exhausted to cook, yet alone drive right now. You were hoping to order some takeouts for tonight. But of course, when will life care if you tired and pushed you to the limits. And most definitely, you didn't want Maleeka to eat unhealthy because of you.

"What would you like for supper?"

"Mmhm, I'm feeling for your chicken strip noodle dish! The one you make with the soya sauce." She replied.

Well at least that dish won't take long to make.

"Okay Mel." You acknowledged lovingly despite how exhausted you are feeling.