Chapter 19

Reluctantly letting go of Hisoka, you wiped your tears away and lightly chuckled. "I'm sorry I just broke down and hugged you. It won't happen again." You uttered in an embarrassed undertone.

Half heartedly smirking, Hisoka removed his hands off you and gingerly caressed your rosy dusted cheeks - totally not being conscious of his actions anymore.

"I thought I told you to rely on me. I didn't mean just financially. In every other aspect. Besides, I always did enjoy your hugs." He said with a playful tone.

"Really? O-Oh I see." You shyly acknowledged.

Standing up and extending his hand down to you, "My doctor will be here at midday for you. Would you like some breakfast since Maleeka ate yours?" Hisoka offered.

Taking his hand and picking yourself up, "Yes please. Will you eat with me though?" You asked, lowkey afraid of being alone.

"..Sure."

"Can I take a shower first?" You asked.

Amusing huffing, Hisoka started walking to the exit. "You don't need my permission to do anything Y/n. I'll meet you downstairs. You remember where the bathroom and kitchen is?" He asked, peering over his shoulder by the doorframe.

"Yes I do, thank you.." Doing whatever you wanted in this massive house was going to take some time. At least you were getting used to Hisoka. Seems like you were wrong about him being cold. Till this point, Hisoka was nothing but accommodating and kind towards you. He definitely looked scary and intimidating, but his actions weren't. You could see yourself being friends with him after all.

At least Hisoka decided to take Sabastian's advice about being less aloof with you, if he didn't, he wouldn't have gotten you to slowly feel comfortable around him.

Slipping into the shower, you noticed a purple body wash placed next to Hisoka's in the rack. Obviously it must of been yours since you have been living here right? Although it is the exact brand and scent you used to use, it wasn't the exact bottle you left seven years ago. Naturally so, Hisoka bought a new bottle recently - expecting your arrival.

After 15 minutes of enjoying the hot water trail down from your hair to the tips of your toes. You wrapped the towel around your body and headed to your room

Drying it off a bit, you wrapped your damp hair in a high bun. Seeing that the bra's in your cupboard were tight, you wore the bra you previously had on and slipped on black, thankfully stretchable tights and a vest. Scanning your cupboard for warm clothes that would fit, your eyes landed on a collage jacket that had the number 44 on it. A jacket Hisoka hadn't been able to spot as easily as you did all this years for some reason. After all, he thought you had it.

Wearing that, you put on a pair of socks and cautiously headed downstairs.

Seeing you walk downstairs, Hisoka struggled to take his eyes off you. Indeed, seeing the real you walking down his stairs instead of seeing a ghostly figure created by his past memories and imagination was a thousand times better, but it was seeing you in that jacket that caught his attention.

His favorite jacket that he gave you in highschool. Seeing you in that truly stirred up more memories and made him feel youthful again. This definitely felt like a clean slate between you and him.

"Is something wrong?" You asked, looking at yourself awkwardly.

Removing his eyes off you, Hisoka got up and headed to the kitchen. "No, nothing is wrong."

Trailing behind him, you sat on the barstool next to Hisoka. A massive breakfast spread was already set on the table.

Again, it felt like Hisoka's first time with you  by noticing that you reached for the strawberries over everything else - which was the first thing you ate that night you moved in.