Chapter 29

On the previous chapter...

Now I've realized that my father wasn't the man I had in my mind. Mauricio was right about his little plan about ruling the whole world, he manipulated me. He was using me. He wanted to sell my so he could have a bigger heir, his castle. The dresses, especially in white, to marry me off.

God knows to who

I wrapped a towel around me and got dressed up.

I grabbed the gun that my father gave to me. A matt black gun with some gold decoration and my initials engraved M.V.R on it. I decided to throw everything away that once my father owned or that my father gave to me.

I threw everything in a plastic bag and threw it outside.

After that I grabbed a couple bags and decided to pack my bags. My flight is tomorrow early in the morning. I asked my pilot to come early because I don't want everyone to be up, I just want to disappear for a couple months.

Madeline's POV

'Deli? Are you awake? I can't sleep'. I heard my little brother Benjamin whisper.

I hummed back in response.

'Can I sleep with you?' He asks and I scoot over.

'What's wrong?' I asked him and grabbed the teddy bear next to me so hè could hug it while sleeping.

'I was having a nightmare. There was a monster underneath my bed'. He says And his voice croaks

'It's okay, you're save now'. I reply

Suddenly the door opened, revealing my very drunk father.

'Benji get out of her bed! You have your own room for a reason'. He yelled and pushed him out of the bed

'But I was having a nightmare'. He replies And dad slapped him.

I was holding my breath and Benjamin began to cry

'Don't cry you pathetic boy. Real men don't cry. Get up'. Hé demands him

'I'm sorry dad'. Benjamin says softly
'You should be'. He replies And looks over at me

'What are you looking at pig?' Hè says And comes closer to me.

As he came closer he pulled me by the hair and threw me on to the ground.

'Go put Benjamin in his bed. Your whore of a mother left us alone today'. Hé says and slapped the both of us.

Another fucking nightmare.

Since a couple days ive been having these flashbacks from the past. More and more are revealing what I actually forgot.

And how shitty my father was.

I looked over at the time and it's 1 am. The plan was to go to bed early because of my early flight but my dreams have another idea.

I got up, I don't think i am going to sleep tonight. I don't want to see the memories, I'm just not ready for it all.

I walked up to my desk and grabbed my cigarette and lightner. I opened the door of my balcony and decided to have some fresh air and look at the stars.

It is very peacefully looking at the stars with a cigar while everyone else is sleeping. It makes you think about life and you realize that it is actually bullshit.

My own mind betrayed me, how am I supposed to live with that?

After a while thinking about everything, my cigarette was almost done.