Chapter 22

I told Daemon what I was planning on doing and he was ecstatic about it. He said he felt bad for Alexander but he had been the one to reject me first not the other way around. I told him I'd be back to be with him that I had to find Alexander to tell him my decision. He nodded in approval as I headed to look for Alexander. As I was walking towards the forest I shifted and took my clothes and a pair of shorts for Alexander with me in my mouth and sniffed around until I found Alexander's scent. Alexander was playing with his paw in the river looking very thoughtful and didn't hear me approaching him and I plopped down next to him and I gave him the shorts signaling him to shift while I went behind to do the same. I asked if he was decent which earned me a throaty laugh from him while telling me he was. I looked at him and felt the urge to kiss him I guess it was still part of the bond. I looked up at him and told him we needed to talk and in response I got a short nod. I sat criss cross on the flood and he did the same. We stayed in silence but not an uncomfortable one just trying to gather each others thoughts before either of us spoke. I was the first one to break the silence. I told him "Alexander well Alex can I call you that?" He nodded again not trying to interrupt me as I continued. "I love you but it's not because of me it's because of the bond. The one who I truly have learned to love is Daemon and that love hasn't consisted of a bond to make us feel what we do. Alex what we had could of been the best but the day of your rejection killed everything I felt for you, you made me become a new me, a better me. You will always keep a part of my heart after all you were my true mate but I can't continue on giving you any hopes of us ever being together again when my heart and love belongs to Daemon now. The day you asked me to give you a second chance was a mistake I just didn't want to hurt you but I came to conclusions that I'd only hurt you evem worse if I kept lying about me giving you a chance when you wouldn't really have the opportunity to convince me. I'm sorry Alex but we both know we need this. I want to give you an opportunity of being free and finding another mate hopefully with her you'll actually make the correct decision." Alexander had tears rolling down his cheeks. I caressed them away feeling the sparks. He then grabbed my hands and the back of my head and kissed me. It wasn't a lustful kind of kiss but more of a good bye kiss saying he understood my point of view and accepting it. All I needed was to say the words to make it official. When we broke off the kiss we gave each other a small sadden smile that said we were ready for the next step. I told him "Alexander Hayes alpha of the Bloodymoon Pack I Isabella Walker reject you as my mate and break off anything that has to do with the bond and we can no longer be for each other and now we can find our second chance mates." I know we both felt as if the air was taken out of our lungs that had us grasping for air. And the intense pain that had us on our knees and feeling faint. After a few minutes everything we were feeling disappeared but we felt really light headed. We touched each others hands to see if we still felt any kind of spark but we didn't. We both laid down in the grass and closing our eyes for a brief moment when we heard a the brushes begin to tussle. We both sniffed around to see who it was and we both muttered the same thing "Blood Suckers." We instantly got in a fighting stance waiting for them to come out. And out came for vampires looking directly at me. That had Alexander putting me behind his back and hiding me from their view. He asked what they wanted and why were they intruding into the Dark Guardians pack. They told him that they wanted me and that if he gave me over no one would be hurt. He growled loudly and shifted I moved back not wanting a repeat of the last time and one of the vampires came rushing to us. I knew even with me and him we'd have no chance against all four. We were weak from breaking the bond and we already felt as if we would pass out. I immediately called Daemon through the pack link and told him our location. The vampire close to me grabbed me before I could even do anything and injected something in my neck that had me falling into a dreamless sleep. The last thing I heard was whimpering and then nothing at all.

******************************************
Here you go guys a new chapter. Sorry for the cliff hanger. Comment on what you think happened to Alexander. Why do you guys think the Vampire king wants Isabella for? Let me know if you guys want any of the other characters' POV like Daemon or Alexander. Comment and Vote guys.