Chapter 5

Same day as the rejection

Hunter (Isabella's dad) POV

I walked in to the house everything seemed a little eerie and I went straight to my office. When i opened the door I was engulfed by Isabella's scent. What the heck was she doing in my office? My heart rate started to pick up not knowing why she came in here. She never came in here unless it was important. I thought she would be there sitting in one of the chairs but she wasn't there. As I was about to sit down a letter caught my eyes. Immediately my heart felt like it was going to pop out of my heart.

I started to imagine the worst. I thought someone had kidnapped her and brought her in here with a note. I picked up the letter only to feel rage consume me. I guess that I growled really loudly because my beloved wife and mate came rushing to me to try and sooth me. When she saw the letter in my hand to say she was pissed was an understatement. She immediately called Mark our son.

He must of seen our infuriated faces because he wearily sat down in front of us. He looked at the letter I was pointing out and his face first commutated from angry and then to complete sadness. I immediately ask what was all this about. He explained everything to me and my wife Evelyn about what has been happening in our own home and pack with our daughter. My wife started to cry even worse. But one question was unanswered. Who was the damn bastard who broke my daughter's noble heart. When I find him all hell will break loose.

Mark (Isabella's brother) POV

As soon as I saw the letter my heart broke for my little sister. I felt like an execrable big brother. I didn't deserve to have a sister like Isabella. After leaving the office I went to find Alexander so he could talk to his father about arranging a search party for Isabella. His reaction to the letter left me thinking he might be the certain mate that rejected her and made her leave us. I better hope I'm wrong because I'll beat that imbecile to a pulp.

Alexander Hayes (Alpha and Mate to Isabella) POV

Today when I woke up I was in the greatest of moods. I was pumped up about getting to school. When I arrived my senses went haywire but I didn't know the cause of it. I ignored it through out the day but I kept smelling a delicious scent that made me go crazy. It smelled like peaches with a hint of strawberry shortcake. It drove me and my wolf mad. I knew my mate was around here. But I didn't want a mate not just yet so I tried to avoid the smell as much as possible.

When I was heading to lunch with Alina the slut who I knew was sleeping with almost every unmated wolf in the pack. I smelled my mate again and this time I looked up to the source of the smell it was Isabella the no body. My wolf kept saying mate in my mind but I quickly shut him up. She was about to say mate when I walked away and kissed Alina just so I could forget Isabella's intoxicating scent. I didn't need a mate specially not one that is weak and can't shift to protect herself.

While at lunch I knew what I had to do. My wolf was enraged to say the least but once the lunch was over, much to Alina's protest I left the table quickly in search of Isabella. I saw her going in into the girls bathroom I grabbed her hand and sparks flew through my hand and down my spine. I resisted the urge to take her soft looking lips into my own and kiss the hell out of her. I pushed any thoughts out of the way and I dragged her out of the school as soon as we were out of the school I said the words that I knew I had to say "I Alexander Hayes reject you Isabella Walker as my mate." I also told her "Isabella you are one of the weakest pack members and one of the worst choices the moon goddess could of picked for me. You are worthless and you are a no body." I felt her heart pick up to unnatural beat and I knew I'd hurt her but I didn't need someone weak next to me.

She ran away crying and my wolf was enraged at me kept telling me to apologize and chase after our mate. But I knew I couldn't be with her that the moon goddess had made a huge mistake. Later on that evening I heard an urgent mind link from Mark my beta. He sounded agitated and extremely pissed off. I told him to come over, but I was scared Isabella had told her family about us being mates. Her parents would surely tell my mom and dad and I'd end up being screwed up with her.

I tried to act calm like I knew nothing and if worst comes I'll always be able to lie it's her word against mine. When he arrived he looked like he was crying. I asked him what was wrong he just held out a piece of paper to me. When I saw writing on it I immediately read over it I felt my world came crashing down on me. My little mate had left because of me.

My wolf then decided to take over and to say he destroyed my office was a mere understatement. When I was able to control myself again I saw Mark looking at me suspiciously. All I was able to say was how can a pack member escape from right under our noses. I guess that calmed him down a bit. I told him I would start a search party since she was a member of the pack. But in all honesty I needed to have her back at least under my supervision that way she wouldn't find anyone else. And to make sure she was safe. I'm such an idiot for hurting her but I know it's for the pack's best well being.