Chapter Nineteen- The Silent Treatment

Arcee's Pov

The night by the fountain was the last I saw of Bee in two weeks. I could not help but to blame myself for utilizing my vocal processors (voice box) so wrongly, whatever Shockwave told me was not for Bee's ears, it would explain why he had him knocked out in the first place. Shockwave mentioned us being oblivious to so much and in this very moment I could not help but to feel dumb.

I believe Bee misunderstood the entire situation and the small amount of trust he had may have disappeared. It was a stab to the spark (heart) to believe that you were slowly losing a friend, a friend that stood next to you in the midst of everything.

I tried reaching out to the bond male outside of training but he declined my every request. While it was evident that he wished not to see me I would feel so good to express just how sorry I am. Truly I was sorry, it was my younger sister who landed us in the hands of the cons and if Bee wasn't so eager to be my friend I would be in the mess alone.

I even went as far as to visit his room beyond permitted hours only to run into Shockwave who wasted no time in dismissing me. I was completely reckless in spilling something that was actually between Bee and our leader. The consequences were pelting me like pieces of glass. How could all this lead to the silent treatment over a period of two years?

I spent those two weeks feeling sorry for myself and after deep processing and reflection I decided to go to the one person I could talk to. I gave the door a firm knock, my arms behind my back as I stared at the wooden door.

The door opened, the permission slip being shown to the pink haired woman. It took her less than seconds to read it, blue eyes boring me yet again.

"You don't need a slip to see me, I already made that clear" she told me as she wiped sleep from her eyes, her pink nightgown hugging her body. While Elita was as rigid as her lover she had always remained a 'girly girl' and her obsession with pink had never faded. In fact I could see her living in a pink house and driving a pink car.

"Sangster was being an ass so I did the right thing" I stated and she chuckled before stepping aside in order to allow me to enter.

"Outside of the gates of the military he is actually pretty awesome, Orion and I take our team out all the time" She confessed and for some odd reason I could not see Sangster in another lighting. She closed the door behind her, her eyes on me.

"Alright, who did you punch this time?" she teased as she gestured for me to take a seat on the chair close by. I took the seat offered, my thumb on my knuckles as I took a deep breath, perhaps if I had actually punched someone I would have felt far better.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and Elita stared at me quizzically before taking a seat on the bed. Her smirk slowly vanished as the mother-like facial expression came to surface.

"Um sure" she stated and by that answer I was not very sure myself yet I proceeded.

"Would our leader ever hide something from us?" I asked and she took a deep breath.

"Orion tends to be calculated so he may delay issuing the truth based on the character he is dealing with but he would never hide it" she stated and I processed her words for some seconds.

"Even if it comes to one of the youngest members of the team?" I questioned and Elita gazed at me in a strange way.

"Not to reply using a question but what is it you wish to know about Arcee?" I was asked and I took a deep breath.

"Shockwave said something while Bee and I were being held captive and I am still trying to have it figured out" I began while Elita's eyes searched me.

"I am assuming that you were told that your life is valueless in comparison to Bee's" I froze at her statement, my eyebrow raised. Well I was now aware that Prime trusted his woman with his life and I was also aware that Bee did make a visit to our leader.

"Prime and Bee had a conversation" I confirmed and Elita simply nodded.

"Give him some time Arcee, he will speak to you and if you care about him as much as I think you do you will understand" she stated and I swallowed. What if I broke something I could not regain?

******

I removed my shoes once I was by the door, the key to my room being removed from my shorts pocket as I carefully took hold of the knob. Upon inserting I glanced around the empty hall, my eyes burning in the midst of darkness.

The door was opened, my entry being made as quiet as possible. I removed my blouse that had grown uncomfortable, my eyes on the bed I could not wait to get into. By this time my roommate had her back to me and I found it quite relaxing that she was asleep. I threw myself onto the bed, my hand on my stomach as I took steady breaths.

"Are you ready to leave?" Bee asked as we were now inside, my room door being closed behind me.

"I haven't packed and I am actually petrified" I confessed. I took hold of a pillow only to make my way over to my drawers, a blanket and sheet being removed.

"I want you here" before I could place the items to the floor I paused at his statement.

"You need to heal" I told him and Bee eyed the items in my hands.

"Sharing a bed won't slow my healing Arcee, you won't get much rest there" he told me and it was as though the world of tiredness fell on my shoulder. I joined him and unfortunately he was on my side of the bed, Bee lying on his back as he gazed at the ceiling.

"I believe you are my side of the bed Bee" I stated and he gazed at me.

"What kind of man would I be if I had you sleeping on the right side of the bed?" he asked and I said nothing else as I moved over his body, Bee using his hand to guide my hair from his face. I mumbled soft 'sorrys' as I tried not to crush his body or interfere with his injured leg. Within seconds I was on the side of the bed closest to the wall.

I mirrored his posture, my lips going dry as I tried to imagine what being part of a human army consisted of. Deep down I knew it would be okay and to be quite honest I had company.

"I'm glad you will be there with me" Bee turned to gaze at me, his eyes would always lead me to wanting to know more.

"So am I" he confessed and yawned, my eyes fighting to stay open. I yawned a second time as I rolled onto my hip, my fingers curling into the sheet.

"Goodnight Arcee" were the last words heard before I escaped to the land of slumber.

I took a deep breath, my eyes on the dark ceiling as I could not rid my mind of Bee regardless of how hard I tried. I placed hands that once resided on my stomach behind my head as I chewed the inside of my cheek.

"Do you like any of the dudes here?" At Foster's voice I sat up, my eyes moving to the woman I tried my very hardest not to wake upon entry. Was she good at faking slumber or had I somehow grown clumsy?