Chapter Ten- One Step Behind

Arcee's Pov

I lost count of the days we were here, trapped in a room that smelled as horrible as it looked. The bucket was almost full with waste and this made showers quite unpleasant. The scent would linger and the soap provided was of the cheapest quality . Bee exited the shower as quickly as he got out, his eyes on me before putting his shirt on.

As a result of the horrible scent we made it our duty to keep the door closed due to the fact that we now consumed the food presented to us. Bee joined me on the floor, his eyes bright as ever regardless of how deep in scrap (shit) we were.

We grew into a small routine whereby we would not eat without each other. It was a small gesture but it mattered to me.

The longer we remained in this room the more I felt as though I was losing my mind. I stared at Bee when I took a bite of my meal, Shockwave's words would continue to haunt me.

"Megatron speaks of not harming the kid who shares his metal, nothing was said about you", whatever could those words mean?

I stared at Bee who was busy toying with the watch. Apparently at this moment he missed his original form as much as I did. If Megatron was so eager to have me killed, why hadn't he done so already? I chewed slowly, my fingers wiping any excess particles from my lips.

My stomach no longer roared so I could only assume the meal did what was required. I took a sip of my bottle of water, I was surprised the cons actually provided something for us to drink after days of not doing so.

Bee was calm as ever, his chewing far louder than my own. He had been quiet for the past hour or so and to be honest he was always a guy of few words. I would give anything to venture into that mind of his.

The door swung open, Megatron and Starscream entering with their guns aimed at us.

"It's time for our guest to leave" Megatron stated and I arched a brow. How could we possibly believe that the spawn of Unicron (the devil) was releasing us?

This had to be some sick joke.

"You're letting us go?" Bee asked and Megatron's smirk only grew when he stood. Starscream laughed and when he did his 'master' issued a harsh glare.

"However, would I deliver the message? Do thank Prime for his great contribution to the growth of the Decepticon army" With that statement he shot Bumblebee in the leg and I rushed next to him immediately. When a ground bridge opened behind us I gazed at Megatron while I offered my partner support.

"Three seconds little one" and within three seconds I took my leave.

"Ratchet? Ratchet, do you read me?" I had a finger to my ear while Bee and I examined our surrounds made up of dirt and harsh sun. When Bee fell he practically took me with him, dirt entering our eyes and lungs.

We coughed, my body struggling as I tried to pull him to his feet again.

"Ratchet do you read?" I asked, Bee steadying himself in order not to fall again.

"Arcee?" When I heard my sister's voice I issued a sigh of relief.

"Star?" Bee seemed to relax upon seeing the expression on my face.

"Please tell me that you are both okay" she stated and I took a rather deep breath.

"Bee's hurt and we are unable to transform" I informed my sister and Bee fell to his knees. Hold on partner, we are almost there.

"Ratchet!" Star yelled and a ground bridge appeared within seconds.

******

Ratchet ensured we left the watches in the desert and that we were examined for other means of tracking before we returned to base. Star and Chromia threw their arms around me upon their entry. I was seated on Bee's bed, his eyes closed due to the medication given to him prior to surgery.

I was by his side the whole time and while Ratchet said nothing I knew he was curious. While the blond fellow and I were often seen together our relationship was never seen further than the grounds of battle.

"I'm so sorry" Star apologized yet again, my hands on her shoulder the moment I broke the embrace.

"I'm glad you are okay and as far away from those cons as possible" I told her and Ratchet cleared his throat. He adjusted his spectacles as his eyes moved to Bumblebee.

"The patient requires rest, would you guys mind?" He asked and FireStar rolled her eyes. Ratchet was never subtle so for him to request that we take our leave came as no surprise.

"Our father has spoken" Chromia stated and Star giggled, Ratchet waving us off in a dismissive manner.

"Thank you partner" I mumbled as I gave Bee's shoulder a small squeeze . I adjusted his covers, the tv remote being placed onto his lap as I followed after my sisters.

"I can't believe Megatron didn't give us the privilege of finding you guys ourselves. I would kick Shockwaves ass personally for harming my sisters" Chromia hissed and I took a deep breath.

"I can't believe I handed over our technology, Ratchet worked so hard to keep us at least one step ahead " I held my head down for a moment, Star giving my shoulder a small squeeze.

"You had no choice, you saved Bee and yourself" she told me and while that may be true I could not help but to feel guilty.

"My sister is far more important than some damn watch" Chromia told me and I smirked.

"Arcee" I froze at my leader's voice, my sisters turning to face him as well. Two letters were handed to me, Optimus staring at me while doing so.

"Optimus I'm so sorry Megatron now has access to what you worked so hard to protect." Optimus stared at me for a minute before speaking.

"I am far more grateful for my soldiers returning Arcee" he told me, his eyes moving to Chromia and FireStar.

"Goodnight ladies, agent Fowler and his junior agents visit tomorrow" with that he walked by us.

"Open it!" Star exclaimed and realized that one letter was addressed to me while the other was addressed to bumblebee, both coming from the US army.

I ripped my letter open, my eyes moving over the words in a matter of seconds. I gazed at my sisters, FireStar literally bouncing with excitement.

"What is it? What is it?" She screamed.

"I've been invited to attend training for a place in the US army" Chromia glared at me in confusion upon my statement.

"You don't seem excited about it, my lover went through the roof upon opening his" Chromia stated and my eyes moved from the letter to my sisters.

Of course Ironhide would be super excited, he had all the time in the world to prepare.

"This letter was sent two weeks ago, I only have two days here" I stated a glint of realization flashed over their faces. I swallowed, Bee only had two days to heal from a bullet wound.

Vote and Comment please ;)