Chapter Eight- Only Human

Arcee's Pov

I opened my eyes to bright light and my body resting on a cold operation table. I struggled to keep my eyes open but when I saw four human versions of the Decepticons and one who remained unchanged I fought the urge to return to whatever state I was in before.

This was not the time for sleep, something was happening. I tried sitting up but when that attempt was made I stared at my stomach in horror. It was as though I had lost all bodily functions the more I stared at what I deemed to be my imagination.

I was staring into my stomach at my very own organs, my eyes on the red head in the distance while Megatron starred on, his human form appearing to be gentle, the opposite of what he was. While the substance that left my body was red I was aware that what I leaked was energon.

I stared at my fingers, fingers that felt somehow numb in my attempt to move them.

"Our organs are also transformed to resemble that of humans in this form" Knockout informed his leader with a glint of fascination in his eyes. I gazed at my visible organs out for Decepticon viewing, my eyes moving to the single optic in the room. If the cons now had the ability we had, why had shockwave retained such a form?

I choked on spit, my eyes on my exposed organs before moving to the purple bot.

He held my gaze, his arms crossed as remained in the darkest corner of the room. The history of Shockwave and I went as far back to the war on Cybertron and it was sickening to think our vendetta would not be extinguished.

"I believe the Auto bot medic deserves far more credit than we issue Lord Megatron" Starscream stated as he did the thing with his fingers that he found rather amusing. I gazed around the room because for the very first time in my life I was scared.

"Ensure this one doesn't fail" with the hiss of those words human Megatron left the room, his arms behind him. Failed, had they done this before? I turned to the bed next to me for the first time, a lifeless Bumblebee Bee staring at me.

With sharp tools in hand Knockout gazed at me, my screams echoing throughout the Decepticon base as I felt tears coming as hard as they possibly could.

"Arcee!" I opened my eyes to blue eyes piercing my very soul, firm hands on my shoulder and while I recognized my teammate and friend perfectly I tried my best to get away from him.

I kicked and screamed, my eyes burning as the emotional state I found myself in was yet to deplete. He gazed at me in horror while my body perspired, something I found quite odd but not surprising based on Ratchet's briefing.

"Arcee, it's me!" He yelled that with the belief that I had not recognized him but truly I did, I only wished to get away in order to breathe.

He groaned when my foot connected with his groin, blue eyes now having a slight hint of red. For the very first time I heard pain in his voice, his fingers curling over his manhood.

"Bee, I'm so sorry" he nodded at my apology, his hand on the area that I assumed led to some of his veins being visible.

"It was just a dream...humans have those far more than we do" he told me and I gave his shoulder a small rub as I gazed around the room in a frenzy.

"We have to get out of here!" with that I stood, Bee gazing up at me with arch brows. He forced himself to his feet, his eyes on me as he took hold of my shoulder.

"Arcee you are here with me, you are safe" he assured while I shook my head without stopping and took hold of my stomach for a sharp moment.

"We have to leave this scrap heap before it's too late!" I yelled and my voice broke.

"Arcee-"

"Bee this is Megatron, you and I know what he is capable of" my voice continued to crack, my entire body tightening as I gazed at the door. What I wouldn't give to have my guns and strength back to tear the thing down.

"You...You are afraid" he told me and when he said the words I gazed at him in horror. That was it, that was exactly what it was. For the first time in eons (years) I was afraid, my fingers curling over his biceps.

"What is happening to me?" I asked and Bee lowered to his knees the moment I did. My hair was hanging in my face and he used his fingers to place my hair behind my ear.

"It's called being human" he told me, my eyes roaming his while his eyes tried to follow the movements of my own. We had been fighting this war for eon (years) . How could I be afraid at this point?

"Are you afraid?" I asked the question and the blond hair male sat next to me, our eyes on the trays of food we refused to touch.

"I feel but I am unable to label what I feel" he would always be honest and I often envied him for that. While I struggled he was open about not understanding any of this regardless of Ratchet's lectures. I ran my tongue over my lips, my knees being pulled to my chest.

"You would have given your life to save us, I don't believe you are able to feel fear with or without human enhancements" it was now my turn to be honest, Bee arching a brow as he gazed at me.

"Currently I am not afraid but I do feel shame" I swallowed the moment he said that because we were both aware of what he spoke of.

"Ironic isn't it, the universe still assigned us a room regardless of how much of a glitch (bitch) I am" Bee laughed at my statement and I turned to look at him swiftly with narrowed eyes. That was designed to be far from funny.

"You are everything but a glitch, I understand your need for space and with these new bodies I believe I do too" he gazed at me while I stared at his lips, my desire to feel them brought heat to my cheeks.

What the hell was I thinking?

"I feel shame for other reasons Arcee" he stood, his eyes on the tray at his feet.

"I will die a scout, one who failed to honour his leader and save his teammate" he lowered to examine the meal.

"Partner, you are my partner Bee" I brought my knees down, my eyes on Bee. When he smiled at me I approached, a seat being taken next to him.

"We will not let our sparks go out, not like this" I took hold of the meal, my eyes on his.

"Not like this" he repeated, our backs hitting the walls as we gazed at nothing. Regardless of how our bodies craved substance we would not consume anything produced by the hands of the deceptions.