Chapter 32: Hush In the Dark Blue (Mission 20 Ending)

Trigger, Prez and Count landed on the aircraft carrier they found. Named the Admiral Anderson. As of later Cyclops and Ridgeback landed with damages, Salamander suffered losses then Dagger came last as they remained accounted for with no casualties.

Mobius and Scarface landed as their planes have damages which Trigger then asked them of what happened to Cipher, Pixy, Maverick and Goose.

Trigger: Mobius, Scarface. What happened to Cipher and Pixy, alongside Maverick and Goose? Are they alright?

Mobius 1: Maverick and Goose are alright, they ejected.

Scarface 1: Cipher and Pixy covered us Cipher was one to go down by that pilot and his new advance aircraft, as Pixy was last to go down by those drones.

Mobius 1: They might have ejected, but I don't know. Search parties are being deployed by our shipwrecked allies, but their range of coverage is limited due to Radical forces, being in the area since of what happened with those three earlier.

Trigger sighs in relief that only they hope is for them to reach safely unharmed. Prez and him spend their time together as the end of their long fight is coming to a close, where Prez ask Trigger.

Prez: Trigger, how are you feeling right now?

Trigger: Where do I start? That Tabloid is dead based on what Full Band said, or is that Vermillion 1 isn't dead. This is all just bad luck that it has to come, as we thought it was finally over.

Prez: Even so, we'd fulfilled Full Band's request of avenging Tabloid. By taking down the Arsenal Bird, also his death won't go in vein till we end this war.

Trigger thought about what Prez said, as he gave her his response. "You're right. C'mon, let's finish this and be happy together." Prez smiles as the two held hands. Time then passes and dawn turned to afternoon. Cipher, Pixy, Maverick and Goose arrived at the carrier unharmed.

Trigger and Maverick talk in the hanger deck, after their reunion being together. Until Maverick hears a voice from a memory. "The end is inevitable for you Maverick. Your kind is heading to extinction."

"Maybe so sir, but not today." After saying it from himself, Maverick looks to Trigger where he stares out to the ocean. Which he smiles that the future of pilots can might live on a little longer, based on his long journey of being here.

Maverick: Penn, son. I'm proud of you. You been through a long road, and I think your grandpa would be proud of you too.

Trigger think of what his father said, as he looks back to the ones he lost. From his time in the IUN, to Spare, and last to the LRSSG. And so he'll end this war for them alongside for Prez as well.

Trigger: Thanks dad.

"Hey, Trigger you're ready? I'm good to go and our bird is too." Prez came and say to Trigger, as Maverick looks as he give the assumption of the two.

Trigger: Oh, dad this is Robin Kuo, Prez, my WSO.

Prez: You're Maverick, nice to meet you sir.

Maverick: So, how long have you two been together for?

Prez: For four months.

"I see. You two remind me of my time with Goose, the both of us were together for a long time." Then a announcement was made on the ships intercom, saying that all fighters to be prepared to launch.
As Maverick gives the two their leave.