Chapter 24: The Wolf Against The Canyon (Mission 14)

At north of the Cascade Ocean far from Erusean waters where Vulture II was sailing, inside the briefing room. Everyone was talking before the briefing begins, as Count and Rooster were conversating.

Count: So your emblems on your planes are the same on your uniform patches?

Rooster: Yup, same as they were when we're at Top gun school. Well except for the time of that mission I partook with Maverick leading the squad.

Count: Does Trigger has one too?

Trigger: I have but I didn't graduate at Top Gun, as I was transferred to Fort Grey flight school and graduated there.
I don't have the patch given since I was stationed there and in Mage.

Then the briefing commander came inside as everyone was at attention in their seats, as the commander spoke. "Good you're all here, I see that we have some more people here. Anyways, let's begin the briefing."

Briefing commander: Since during my absence after what happened I read from the report. With the lost of one of their arsenal birds followed with the ICBMs, Erusea is running out of ways to counter.
This is a great opportunity for the Osean army to bolster our power to eventually take down the Erusean capital of Farbanti.

The commander said that their special long range strategy is coming to the final phase, as they are to attack and capture Cape Rainy air base. The plan consist of leading a strike group to land and capture the base.

But the thing is the enemy have a radar that'll detect a attack from high altitude, in so they have to go through a canyon at low altitude. That makes Trigger remember the same plan layout from the Cordium attack run his father did on the training course proving that it's possible.

Now this time he's doing it and while as the commander continued on the briefing, he'd mentioned about the Cordium attack run as it ain't going to be like last time which Cape Rainy will have air and sea patrolling the area. But their blind spot is the canyon itself.

Briefing commander: Only Strider will be deploying, since the enemy expects to be attacked let's give them it. So Dagger will be taking out their sea patrol and join in the main attack once Strider alongside the strike group reach the base.

Strider squad was reverted back to where they were since operation Magic Spear. After that, once everyone has they're planes ready they launched and head for their assigned objectives, as Trigger and Prez's plane is still the Block III Super Hornet equipped with cruise missiles.

Timeskip September 16, 2019
Operation Werewolf

At night far from Cape Rainy Strider and the strike group are nearing the canyon.
"Strider squad, you've passed through waypoint 1. No weapons until you reached the enemy base."

Long Caster: All aircraft, reduce altitude. We have altitude restrictions from here on out.

Trigger: Wilco over, Strider 1's inbound.

Play the mission bgm

Trigger push the stick down as he makes the Block III go inverted then straight to canyon at low altitude. Which caused Prez to be caught surprised. "Whoa! Hey some warning wouldn't hurt, yea know dumbass!"