Chapter 13: Last Days In Spare

With Spare Squadron back at Zapland Bandog was there standing, waiting for Full Band to step out of his plane. As Trigger, Prez and Count was there

Once Full Band was out Bandog grabbed him, took him inside a hanger and pin him up to the wall.

Full Band: Ow what the hell Bandog! First you wanted me dead and now you want to explain?!

Bandog: You listen here Full Band and real good. From what you just did will make the higher ups in command and the OIA have our heads, if you were left alive.

Full Band: Why, it's just some Intel.

Bandog: Exactly and with that type of information you could have jeopardize the entirety of the war effort!
And that I made the choice of having you be taken out, but luckily thanks to Trigger and Prez you live.

Full Band: I didn't expected that I would gotten myself into a deathwish.

Bandog: (Sighs) Look I'm going to give you a out, I'll file a report that you been sent to solitary and executed later on.
In that way they'll know that you're dead, once it's done you're going need to change your name and callsign. Now do I made myself clear?

Full Band nods his head in acknowledgement.
"Good I'm going to need that data you obtained and I'll get to work and talk with McKinsey of handling this, hope he can agrees." Bandog sighs.

Once Bandog finished he left and got to work as he went to speak with McKinsey.

Full band puts his hands on his head, as Count stay to talk with him while Trigger and Prez leave them be.
Later Spare had a debriefing of the mission and after that McKinsey dismissed them.

At night Trigger and Prez were on top sitting at their F-14.

Prez: So it's been long run isn't it?

Trigger: Yeah it sure has, man being thrown into so much hell, at least give us a end to it.

Prez: Yeah wish we could have that, by the way Trigger since you know my full name what's your's?

Trigger: Penn, Penn Mitchell.

Prez: Penn Mitchell? Wait your the son of Maverick?!

Trigger: What you're surprised, even though at this base every guard and personal should have know by now. Probably they don't want to show recognition given I was convinced for murder.

Prez: Heh yeah when I see it, you do look and act like your dad.

Trigger: Well, whatever we'll be together to the end.

Prez: Always.

Trigger and Prez hold hands to each other as they both look at their faces then slowly came closer. But they face away from each other blushing red, then something caught their attention at the night sky.

Prez: Huh, would you look at that.

Trigger: What is that a comet?

Prez: Seems to look like one.

Trigger: Heh, you know something funny came into mind.

Prez: And what is that?

Trigger: Before the war began my dad told me a story that he did a test flight a aircraft from a experimental program, which he passed over mach 10.
But he ended up destroying the craft by going over the limit of ten, and I think that comet might be the description of what my dad just did, wrecking a expensive aircraft.

Prez: Well I would say he's the craziest dumbass, a dangerous dumbass.

Trigger: Yeah he is.

Trigger and Prez watch the comet on the night sky as she cuddles next to him.

Timeskip

The next days later Zapland is moving equipment as transport aircrafts are present at the base.
McKinsey holds a briefing and tells Spare Squadron is now a official squadron along that all inmates are all pardoned.

Spare is assigned to be transferred to Tyler Island and McKinsey himself is heading to North Point, but has to stop Bulgurdarest for refueling.

McKinsey: That's all dismissed. Hey Trigger, Prez and Count wait there!
Though I'm not entirely happy with the arrangement, you are going to provide support. The drones might attack again. If they do, protect my aircraft with your life. If the General Staff Office hadn't stepped in and requested you, your ass would've been sent to Tyler Island. You are covered in Harling's blood, yet you still are messing around behind the scenes. You breathe in a way I don't like and I'll shoot you out of the damn sky!

Count you're going and Prez given you're with Trigger, I don't need to say more.

Outside Spare Squadron is boarding the aircraft transports, while High Roller, Full Band, Tabloid and Avril are saying goodbye to the three.

Tabloid: So this is it.

Prez: Yeah, it seems to be this way.

High Roller: Thanks Trigger for everything.

Full Band: You saved my life and his too thank you Trigger, Prez.

Avril gave a hug to Prez and says to her.

Avril: Adios you damm fools and take care of that F-14 yea hear?

Prez: We will goodbye till we meet again.

"Till we meet again. " They all group fist bump, as they all went they're separate ways.

Trigger, Prez and Count went with Roper 1 and the transports took off to Tyler island.