Chapter 7: First Contact In the Stormy Valley (Mission 7)

Yinshi Valley, Usea.
July 12, 2019. Operation Two Pair

(A/N) play the music

Bandog: Spare Squadron, this mission needs to be quick. Target radar facilities and AA weaponry. They're set up on rugged terrain and there's a lot of cloud cover."

"A lot? Thats an understatement. I can't see shit Bandog!" Count grumbled over the coms.

Prez chuckled. "Eh, not the first time I've dealt with that. Whenever we do a night mission, you'll see how it can go." She pulled out a copy of a sketched out map. Her and Fullband had managed to not only get a good amount of info, but get a map made, and make enough copies for everyone. "Thanks again Champ."

"No problem Tomboy." He laughed heartily. "High Roller was very helpful."

"Pfft, you mean you used him to be helpful?" Count chuckled lightly. "Seriously, you had the whole base looking for an extra plane for him. I even saw a group of guards go out to the mothyard to see if there was a plane that happened to be fully intact."

"Well, then he did his job well."

Bandog: "I said target radar facilities and AA weaponry Spare Squadron, don't make me repeat myself."

Prez rolled her eyes. "Right, Right, copy that. Alright everyone! Check your maps, we've got approximate target locations listed. Highest elevation is just above one thousand three hundred altitude, so if you get stuck in the clouds and can't see, climb to one thousand four hundred. The more south west you go, the higher the karsts get, if you don't know where you are, climb above two thousand and you'll be good."

"Right...Wait my map says it gets higher on the north end." The rustle of paper could be heard over the coms from Count's end.

Tabloid: "Ummm...Count."

Count: "What Tabloid?"

Tabloid: "You're holding the map upside down, North should be up."

There was a long pause, then another rustle of paper. "Thanks Tabloid. Fucking piece of junk doesn't have a compass."

Trigger shook his head and laughed. "Spare Fifteen, Trigger and Prez, engaging." He pushed the throttle, diving through the clouds for a collection of aa guns just north.

Spare Squadron, you will be near thunderclouds. Man you guys were born unlucky." Bandog chuckled a bit.

"Wait." Champ was in the lead originally, but now he started to slow down a bit. "Who's the dumbass who came up with this batshit plan?"

"Just obey orders." Bandog cut the coms with Spare Squadron.

Prez groaned slightly. "Champ's right, who came up with this? This is the worst place to engage." She leaned down and turned on Brownie's old radio. "Incoming Hostiles! From the northeast! Seven fighters."

Erusean: Fighter: "Do they have a death wish?!"

Trigger scoffed. "As if we have a choice." He squinted through the thick clouds as the big Falcon cut through the air. He brought the nose down a little more, "Got tone." He loosed a missile, swapped over to another AA gun, and fired.