Chapter 17: The Ruined Cannon Against the Mechanical Bird (Mission 12)

New Arrows Base
August 19, 2019

In the briefing everyone was there as it begins.

Briefing commander: Our counter offensive has changed the course of the war. However the western part of the continent and the area around the space elevator still remain in Erusean control.
As you all know, this is because of those Damm arsenal birds controlling the skies around the lighthouse.

So, we're going to use Stonehenge for a long range attack against one the Arsenal birds.
In addition to helping to destroy Ulysses. Stonehenge was also utilized by the Erusean forces as a weapon in the Continental war. However, the majority of the railgun network is out of action after an air raid by the Independent State Allied Forces.

When that happened the main base was being repaired from the damage caused by the asteroid, so one have manged to be spared based on the report. Given it was taken out of commission during the planetfall.

The briefing commander goes on, which the Osean army continued repairs in secret on the spared railgun and reactivated it's base systems.
Once the preparations are completed it will be able to fire, but the Erusean forces have detected and moved in on Stonehenge.

The two squad's objective is to defend Stonehenge and strongpoints designated as Menhirs, while giving air support and keeping air superiority.

Strider and Cyclops sortied from the airbase alongside a third squadron, Ridgeback.

Mods are True Canon and AAM-4 Greeble set

Ridgeback was assigned to defend Vulture II in LRSSG's hands, but given the carrier isn't being deployed they're sortieing with them.

Trigger and Prez's F-14 is equiped with SFFS, while Strider and Cyclops are equiped with pulse lasers. Ridgeback 1, 2 are equiped for air to air and for 3, 4 they're equipped with rockets and anti ship missiles.

Timeskip Stonehenge, Hatties Desert
Operation Dragon's Breath

Once the three squadrons are at the AO, they see the railgun network up ahead.
And the spared railgun Cannon is being powered up with generator trucks. Once the air raid sirens were heard the battle has begun.

(A/N) Play the mission bgm

Attention, all defensive and air support teams. In order to get up and running, what I need is more time. As long that you can provide me it, my program will bring down the arsenal bird.