Chapter 10: The Magic Golem (Mission 8) Pt 2

With Prez telling and points Trigger to what she saw.

As something that looked like a glider over the ocean. It's four wings merging together into two, orange motes of light trailing after it.

Trigger: "Umm...Bandog?"

Bandog: "What's up Fifteen?"

Trigger: "What the hell is that aircraft to our south...over the ocean?"

"Aircraft? What aircraft?" Bandog could be hear quickly sitting forward. "Trigger the hell are you talking about, there's nothing on radar over the ocean!"

Prez growled. "Bandog we're not messing around, there's something over the ocean directly south of our position."

Bandog: "What the hell do you mean 'Something'? Either it's an aircraft or it's a bird!"

Prez: "It's an aircraft...I think."

"Yeah Bandog they aren't making that shit up, I see it too." Count hummed slightly. "It looks like...no...no way."

"Okay the he-...hold on." Bandog paused for a moment. "Something just showed up on radar."

Prez took a deep breath.

Trigger gripped the controls tightly, meeting up with the rest of Spare Squadron so they could link up with Bandog's plane and return.
"IFF confirmed, it's an IUN patrol. They're a little off course, but that's alright, I'm just going to hail them, let them know about the drones." He took a deep breath. "And...make sure the fucking IUN can't say we don't identify ourselves to their planes."

Trigger's blood ran cold at that. "Wait Ban-"

Bandog: "Incoming IUN Patrol, respond. This is Air Force base Four, Four, Four Squadron, we are currently pulling out from a completed operation. We are RTB. Warning, there are still drones in the area. Repeat, hostile drones in the AO. Advise you head south then to your current objective. Copy?"

Silence reigned for a few moments.
Trigger glared at the speck in the air.

Prez shivered slightly as her spine felt cold as ice. She just wanted to be left alone...was that too much to ask?

"Copy that Four Four Four, we were just about to finish up here anyways, thanks for the tip... adjusting heading south." The patrol, consisting of a single blip on their radar started to head south.

Prez let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding, gently releasing her hands from her controls. "Fuck...that was stressful." She glanced down at the radar. And watched...as the single blip then used their momentum to turn north. Straight towards Spare Squadron.

Bandog: "Uhhh...IUN Patrol...you have moved into intercept course! Disengage immediately! We are a friendly OADF unit! I repeat we are friendly!" Bandog started to breath rapidly.

"No no no no, come on, turn around, turn around." Prez was breathing in and out rapidly, her eyes glancing back and forth between the controls in front of her, her radar, and the speck in the distance. "Please, please dear God turn around."

Gladeus: "This is the IUN Suriname-Class Carrier Gladeus...we are responding to the attack in the sector, Deploying ORF fighters. There is no negotiation here criminals, you lost that chance long ago, Crimson sends their regards."

Bandog: Oh shit...Shit! Not again! Spare Squadron! Scatter! We have a Suriname-Class Carrier bearing down on us!" Bandog slammed his fist. "IUN Suriname-Class Carrier Gladeus! We are friendly! Cease engagement!"