Chapter 28: A Path to Homeward And The Nightmare There (Mission 17)

Usea, Gardos Air base
October 10, 2019

Inside the briefing room the pilots of both squadrons were bickering of what they should do, as Jaeger gets everyone's attention. "Okay, enough talk. Your opinions have all been taken into consideration."

Jaeger: Beyond the seizure of Farbanti, which is important, and supporting the Erusean officer... at this point, I just don't know what our strategy is or what our mission will be. Radio communication is still patchy for both the military and civilians, so we're getting zip from mission command about our orders.

Still, with countless Erusear forces in the area, it's too dangerous for us to stay around here waiting for a miracle. Now, regarding Count's suggestion to think about self-defense...

"Uh..." Jaeger trace the line on the map screen to Megalith, then straight to Tyler Island. "I think we should make a break for Tyler island. It was a large Osean base before the start of the war."

Jaeger: Count says his previous squadron took part in an operation to seize control of the island. It has the only base that will get us to the space elevator without refueling. It's also a transport facility for supply ships that Provide drones and ammo for Arsenal Birds.

For the Osean forces looking to reclaim the space elevator, those are two great reasons in its favor. If everything went according to plan, the base may already be in allied hands when we get there.
Though based on what Count told me about the island operation it won't be easy to seize control.

Fencer: If the ground troops have managed to open the bridgehead the transport route to Osea for supply ships should be available.

Tailor: With so much at stake, I can't imagine Erusea just giving it up without a fight. Things could have really gone bad.

Count: Even if there are enemies left, they should be easy to suppress.

Fencer: I just wanna go home, man.

Lanza: Me too.

Trigger made a face of what the LRSSG should do, as he made a determined look that Prez and Jaeger look. As he speaks. "With that look on your face, Trigger, know what exactly you want to do."

Huxian: If Trigger's ready to kick ass, then so am I.

Skald: Damn straight. We're with you, Trigger.

Jaeger: It's decided then. Let's get all the aircraft and haul ass to Tyler Island. Although we can avoid the Arsenal Bird's anti-air network, there's still remnants from the Erusean Forces. I want to get to the island without getting into any unnecessary combat.

Fortunately I got good news. We'd managed to locate and got in contact with Aircraft Carrier, Vulture II.
It's located at near the Twinkle Islands, it's crew and itself is still seaworthy. We rendezvous with them and sail to Tyler Island.

The LRSSG took off as they made their way to Vulture II, and landed as they then made their way to Tyler Island. Long Caster would have go in the Boeing E-3 Sentry. But given of having to save fuel, he was picked up by helicopter, and use the E-2 Hawkeye.

At the flight deck, Trigger and Prez have themselves a moment to talk.

Prez: It's good to see Ridgeback squad, is still here on this boat huh?

Trigger: Yeah, it is good. But from what's happening of this war, in a prolonged never ending cycle because of a faction in the Ersuean army. Not to mention, the sky engulfed in fire, by the time the satellites gone down. This is just... Damnit all! Wiseman's gone and Count have, took it hard of his death.