Chapter 8: Spare Needs Trigger & She Needs You

Spare, Strider and Cyclops are back in friendly airspace of Zapland as all of them are awaiting clearance for landing.

A crackle of coms broke the silence. "Spare Squadron, we got visual on you. Damaged planes get landing priority, allow them to land first. Cyclops and Strider are next after that due to low fuel. Keep the complaints to a minimum guys, we're in dire straights a-" Sounds of a door being slammed open came through, everyone expecting the worse from McKinsey.

"Attention Dumbass... and Spare Squadron." Avril's voice filled the coms.

Trigger groaned. "Damn it...she noticed already." He glanced back at their left damaged wing flap.

Ohhhhh we are so dead." Prez laughed brightly, barely able to get a breath in.

Avril: "I need all damaged planes to report to hanger fifteen, no exceptions. That means you too Cyclops...Four?"

The recon plane with the fox Fairy emblem who's trailing smoke, waved it's wings in response.

Avril: "Yes you, I need to do repairs. Hanger fifteen, right after you land please, it going to be the last hanger at the end of the taxiway. Prez, you there?"

Trigger looked over his shoulder.

Prez's face paled quickly, she shook her head at record speeds.

Avril: "Prez......I can see you shaking your head. Answer the coms."

"Wait, wait, wait." Tabloid cut in. "How do you see her shaking her head?!"

"Yeah...how about it Scrap Queen? You got some secret x-ray vision you've been hiding from us?" Count snickered slightly. "Why don't you tell us your secret?"

Avril: "Oh you know, it's this wonderful new invention called binoculars. Very popular with the ladies these days."

Count: "Oh....that makes sense."

Avril: "Yes Count, yes it does, also has the effect to make you look like a dumbass."

A chorus of chuckles filled the coms.

Tabloid: "Ooooo that's a burn."

"Shut up Tabloid!" Count huffed slightly.

Avril: "Prez! Coms, now."

Prez frowned and fidgeted for a bit. Then finally opened her coms. "Yes?"

Avril: "Thank god, look, I've got way too many planes to repair here. Can you and Trigger take care of the big falcon for me?"

Ummm..." Prez looked a little shocked, to be fair, she was expecting more of a chewing out. "Yeah? I don't see why not...You need help with some of the F-15s? I have experience."

Avril sighed deeply. "Please...I will welcome any help. I'll get you guys a replacement by tomorrow, I've got to do that, try to train High Roller to do his own repairs, get him a new plane. But the recon squadron is top priority apparently... Damn McKinsey."

Prez sucked in a breath. "Gross...look we'll help where we can."

She looked up at Trigger. He shook his head quickly, crossing his arms then opening them out, repeating the motion a few times.