Chapter Ten: The Kiss

-

Author's Note:

First of all, I'm so sorry I left a cliffhanger and then didn't update for, like, forever.

PS, I'm starting to write a Scorose fic, but I'm not publishing it for a little while. If any of you guys like Scorose, you can keep a lookout for that.

Anyways...

-

"Draco... I thought you were sleeping," you said quietly to him as he walked over, looking mad.

"Well, I wasn't. I heard you open the door, and followed you out to see you talking with... Potter." Draco spat Harry's name like it didn't deserve to be said.

"I bumped into him," you replied. "Besides, I thought after the war you two were on good terms."

"I will never be on good terms with him," Draco annunciated every word he said.

"Well, I'm not sorry for just talking to him!" you cried. "You need to get along better with Harry! It's not my fault I bumped into him!"

You saw the fight disappear from Draco's eyes.

"I know," he sighed. "I just... don't like you talking to other... boys." He turned away, you could've sworn he was blushing.

"What are you trying to say?" you asked slowly, grinning.

"Never mind," he quickly replied. "You mind if I join you on your walk?"

"Sure."

You felt him lace his hand through yours, and gave him a questioning look. You didn't take your hand away, though. You kind of liked the jolts of electricity his touch sent into your body.

The two of you walked in a comfortable silence for a little bit. At night, without the hustle and bustle of students, the castle seemed much more magical and mysterious.

"(y/n)?" Draco suddenly asked.

"Hm?"

"I was wondering if you want to talk about what happened... earlier?" he asked cautiously.

"What about it?" You tried to be nonchalant, but the blush on your cheeks gave you away.

Draco stopped walking and looked you in the eyes. You had all but forgotten how amazingly grey his eyes were. How they looked straight into your soul.

"(y/n), do you like me?" he questioned, his face completely serious.

How do you respond to that?

"I... uh... well, I... kinda... yeah," you mumbled incoherently.

Draco must've heard you, because he smiled at you. A real smile. It lit up his whole face and made him look more attractive, if that was even possible.

All of a sudden, he leaned forward and kissed you. You froze. Draco Malfoy was... kissing you.

After a few seconds of shock, you started to kiss him back. You tangled your hands in his silky blonde hair while he grabbed your hips and pulled you closer to his body. You smiled when you tasted mint on his lips. That had been one of the scents you smelled in the Amortentia you had made in sixth year.

The two of you kissed like your lives depended on it. You wanted nothing more than to close all the space in between your bodies. To melt into one another.

Draco opened his mouth in the kiss, and ran his tongue across your lips, begging for entry. You gave it to him immediately. His hands moved up to the small of your back and-

"Ahem." Headmistress McGonagall stood a few feet away, looking flustered at the event she had just witnessed. You and Draco flew apart faster than you could say, "Stupify".

"Ten points from Slytherin. I expected more from you Ms. (l/n) and Mr. Malfoy. Back to your common room, please."

"Yes, Headmistress. Sorry." You scurried away. Draco didn't seem to care. He was smiling as he strolled behind you.

"Looks like we should find a better place to snog in." He smirked.

"Don't be an arse, Draco," you replied, still flustered.

"You know you like it."

You blushed as you reached Dumbledore's portrait.

"Chocolate Frog," you whispered, still mortified.

The portrait swung open and you stepped into your common room.

"Goodnight, Draco," you said tiredly.

"Aw, c'mon (y/n)! Wouldn't you rather sleep with me?" Draco replied cockily. He grinned at you.

You rolled your eyes.

"Shut it, Draco," you told him.

He just smirked as he walked into his bedroom.

You couldn't wipe the happy grin off your face even if your life depended on it. Draco really liked you back.

You were still smiling as you fell asleep.

-

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for the bad writing in this chapter. I'm so tired, as well as bad at writing kissing scenes.

Some shoutouts to:

@UgliAnna
@Puppyspy0123
@SamanthaRiddle123
@LyriumlinedXX
@what_is_thisx3
@FrozenLemonades

Please tell me if I forgot you!

Thank you guys SO MUCH!!! I love you all!!

Please review and I promise the next chapter will be Draco's POV.