Chapter Two: Head Girl and Boy

-

Author's Note:

I just got off a five hour long flight, and my next flight got delayed. So, because there's free wifi, I decided to add a chapter.

Hopefully you guys are enjoying it, please review!

-

"So... how were the States, (y/n)?" Tracey asked you curiously, trying to start a conversation.

"Great," you replied. "But it was so different from here. It doesn't really feel like my home. Yet."

Daphne and Tracey nodded along with what you were saying. Neither of them had ever been to the States. In fact, you guessed that most Hogwarts students hadn't.

For the rest of the trip, Daphne and Tracey filled you in on the gossip you'd missed while you were in the States.

"Oh! And did you hear? I heard George Weasley got married!" Tracey exclaimed.

"Really? To who?" you asked.

"Angelina Johnson," Daphne replied before Tracey could answer. You could tell Tracey was pissed over not getting to spill the news first.

"Yeah, just a few months ago," Tracey added, glaring at Daphne. "I heard there was a bunch of fireworks and things like that. Impressive for a family who thinks that a Knut found on the street is good cause for a celebration."

Both you and Daphne smirked at that. It was certainly no secret that the Weasleys were dirt poor.

"They should just stop having children," you said with a smile. However, as soon as the words left your mouth, you felt dirty. You weren't sure what this feeling was, so you shrugged it off.

Both Daphne and Tracey grinned.

Daphne looked like she was about to say something, but the screech of wheels on metal cut her off. She didn't look too happy about being interrupted.

"Looks like we're here," Tracey said. "(y/n), you better go see what McGonagall wants."

You grimaced. Whatever Headmistress McGonagall had to say to you, it couldn't be good. Especially because your family wasn't exactly on their side during the war; you just knew that was bound to cause problems eventually. You didn't think it would happen so soon, however.

As everyone else headed off to the Great Hall, you walked to the Headmistress' office. Once there, you saw a large statue of a gargoyle.

"Um... I don't know the password?" you said nervously to the statue. "But, I think Headmistress McGonagall is waiting for me? My name is (y/n) (l/n)?"

The gargoyle statue moved, revealing stairs up. McGonagall must've been expecting me, you thought.

Once you reached the top of the stairs, you saw Headmistress McGonagall sitting in a professional looking chair in front of an old desk. The office itself was very empty and plain. You assumed McGonagall hadn't gotten around to redecorating after Dumbledore died.

"Hello, Headmistress..." you started to say, but you saw a figure sitting in front of her, with a smirk on his face. "Malfoy?" you exclaimed. "Headmistress McGonagall, what is Malfoy doing here?"

"First of all, Ms. (l/n), we should always refer to our fellow students by their proper name," McGonagall said sternly. You blushed. You had always been a star student and a teacher's pet, so being reprimanded made heat flush to your face.

"Sorry, Headmistress," you said shamefully, looking at the ground. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Malfoy smirking at you. Curse him, you thought to yourself.

"Please take a seat," Headmistress McGonagall told you, gesturing towards a wooden chair next to Malfoy.

"Now, I'm sure you both are aware of the tension between the Slytherins and the other students after the war," McGonagall began as you sat down. She was right, after the war, students had been treating the Slytherins like dirt. Not every one of us blatantly fought for the wrong side!

"I've decided the best way to change that is to make Slytherins Head Boy and Girl. Hopefully, this will make other students see that Slytherins can be responsible and gracious, just like all of the other houses." Was she kidding? Putting Slytherins in places of authority? That was her best solution? That was bound to make things even worse, not better. However, before you could protest, McGonagall began talking again.

"Ms. (l/n) you were the Slytherin girl with the highest grades, while Mr. Malfoy was the highest grading boy. Now, you two will have to learn to get along better, because you will be sharing a dorm-"

"What?!" You cried, "Aren't boys and girls kept separate?"

McGonagall looked sternly at you for interrupting. "I know this is irregular, Ms. (l/n), but with some of the dormitories destroyed during the battle, and the new first years to accommodate, some people will have to make sacrifices. Hopefully, this housing situation won't be permanent, but rebuilding is slower than expected. We have come to realize that Voldemort's forces left many unexpected surprises behind, making the debris quite treacherous. I hope you can understand."

Headmistress McGonagall went on about Head Boy and Girl duties, but you weren't listening. You had to share a dorm with Malfoy of all people? What a nightmare.

A few minutes later, you were dismissed with directions on how to get to your new dormitory. Ugh, it sounded wrong even in your head.

Malfoy, however, was taking the opportunity to annoy you.

"Hey, (y/n), do you suppose we'll room together?" He smirked as he said this. You just sighed and picked up your pace in an attempt to ditch him. No such luck.

"Maybe we'll even have to share a bathroom." Malfoy wiggled his eyebrows at you when he caught up.

Yep, this was definitely going to be a long year.

-

Author's Note:
If you like this, I will try and update more soon!!! Bye!