Chapter Seven: Conflicted Feelings

-

The next morning you were walking to breakfast with Tracey and Daphne when Headmistress McGonagall hurried up to you.

"Ms. (l/n)! Could you and Mr. Malfoy call a prefects meeting after classes? We need to start planning for the Remembrance Ball," McGonagall asked.

You had forgotten about the ball! It was a new Hogwarts tradition to host an annual ball to celebrate the war that had taken place in its very halls.

"Of course, Headmistress. I can notify the prefects and Draco when I see them next," you replied, trying to sound pleasant when, in fact, you realized you just called Draco by his first name. Again. This better not become a habit.

McGonagall hurried off and your friends turned around and stared at you.

"Did... you just call Malfoy Draco?" Tracey smirked.

"Well, (y/n) told me they share a bathroom. Is there something we should know about?" Daphne also turned on you.

"No..." you mumbled, uncertainly. "Just forget about it. It was a slip of the tongue."

The two blondes just smirked at you but, thankfully, changed the topic.

"So... (y/n), what are you thinking of doing as a theme for the ball? I want to be prepared," Daphne asked you.

"Yeah. I was thinking black and white," Tracey told you.

"I'm not sure yet. I'll have to ask the other prefects first, but I'm thinking masquerade," you said smiling. Your friends nodded their approval.

You walked over to the Slytherin table and motioned for Daphne and Tracey to be quiet. You didn't want everyone to know about the dance before it even happened.

You saw Draco across the table and reached over and tapped him.

"Hey, Draco. Can you you tell the prefects we're having a meeting back here after classes?" you tried to ask politely. After last night, you weren't quite sure how to act around him.

"Sure, (y/n)," Draco grinned suspiciously as he stood up, bracing his palms against the edge of the table.

What is he doing now? you wondered to yourself.

"Attention all house prefects!" Draco yelled, his voice piercing through the chatter of the large hall. Almost immediately, everyone quieted down, turning to stare at the blond that commanded their attention. Wow, he was good at this. "There will be a meeting back here right after classes. Be there!" He sat back down as the students resumed their meals, murmuring among themselves to guess what the topic of the meeting could be.

"That work, (y/n)?" Draco smirked at you before resuming his conversation with Zabini.

"Sure," you mumbled. Of course, he wouldn't hear you. You found yourself staring at him. Wow, if you could get past his a-hole personality, he was actually pretty attractive.

For starters, you could see how the fabric of his shirt was tight around the toned muscles of his arms. You wondered why he had such an athletic build. Probably the war. You guessed Voldemort's followers had to be pretty fit.

And his face. He had a sharp facial structure, and when he smirked, it gave him a dangerous look. You assumed that was how he attracted so many girls. That one look gives you a little thrill, making it feel like you were sharing a secret with just your eyes. Like butterflies, but better.

But his eyes were the best thing about him. You had never really noticed before what a perfect shade of molten silver they were. You could really get lost in them forever.

What were you thinking? This was Draco Malfoy! Ex-deatheater! Ugh! You felt disgusted with yourself.

"Like what you see, (y/n)?" Draco had noticed you staring at him.

He smirked at you while your friends giggled. You turned a bright red.

Zabini smirked at you as well before resuming his conversation with Draco.

"Are you sure there isn't anything we should know about?" Daphne asked again, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Guys... it's nothing, okay?" you replied. They just resumed giggling and whispered to each other.

You were wondering... was it really nothing?

Was it possible you were growing feelings for Draco?

-

Author's Note:

Okay, more people to mention:

@AnaCaroHoran
@TheRebelWillSurvive
@Lady-Reader
@Slytherin_Hecate
@Dylansmybae

Once again, please tell me if I missed you!

This story has gotten 500 reads!!! Yay!!!! Thank you my loyal readers! I love you all. Hopefully, I'll update soon.