Chapter One: Platform 9 and 3/4

Before you get into the story, here's some important lingo to know:

(y/n) means "your name"--your first name

(l/n) means "last name"

(n/n) means "nick-name" (if you don't have one, just substitute your first name)

(h/c) means "hair color"

(e/c) means "eye color"

I might be adding more of these "fill in the blanks" throughout, but I will try to write out the full meaning inside the parentheses instead of abbreviating.

Thanks and enjoy!

-

Platform 9 and 3/4 was a mob of nameless wizards and their parents fussing over them. You quickly weaved through the crowd, muscle memory guiding you. It should be just as before, sitting with your best friend Daphne Greengrass and Tracey Davis. But, you didn't know if they would still accept you. You had lost touch with them after the death of your parents. So many things had changed since the war, you couldn't keep track.

"(y/n)!" you heard. Someone was yelling your name over the loud sounds of students setting off for their next year at Hogwarts. "(y/n)!" you heard again. This time you saw a patch of white blonde hair amongst the mass of students.

"Daphne!" you yelled happily, "You're here!"

"Hey!" she said reaching you and grabbing your hand, her blue eyes gleaming with excitement, "Tracey and I have been waiting forever for you! Come on!" She tried to sound annoyed, but you knew she was just being playful. You had learned to interpret her actions after many years of friendship.

The two of you weaved through the crowd together and onto the train. Both of you slid into your usual compartment next to Tracey. You hid a little smile, feeling happy your friends still cared about you.

"Finally!" Tracey exclaimed, "I thought you two were dead and I'd have to share a compartment with them," Tracey motioned over to Pansy and her groupies. All of you used to be in Pansy's little clique, but none of you wanted to put up with her anymore, so you cut yourselves off from her, and made your own small group of friends.

"Bloody hell, we're so sorry to worry you like that Tracey! That two minutes I was gone must've been real hard," Daphne said jokingly while she rolled her eyes at Tracey. Tracey chuckled.

You looked out the window as the train was pulling out of the station towards another year at Hogwarts. You could see parents and friends shouting their final farewells. It hurt knowing your parents weren't there with the rest of the crowd.

"I never thought I would do this again," you said suddenly. "Go back to Hogwarts, I mean."

Daphne looked at you sadly. "I know what you mean," she said quietly, looking off into the distance, no doubt remembering the horrid savagery of the war.

Tracey tried to lighten the mood, one of the things she was best at. "Well, if it means I don't have to decide on a job for one more year, then I'm in!" she said.

You and Daphne giggled as, suddenly, the compartment door slid open. You turned your head to look at who opened it. It was Draco Malfoy.

Draco had long since been considered the king of the Slytherin house with his pure blood and daddy's money. Of course, no doubt Pansy always clung to him, wanting his popularity and money. According to the rumors that swirled around the Slytherin Girls' Dormitory, his abs weren't too bad either.

But you despised him.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Daphne asked rudely. Despite what people may think, not all Slytherins like each other. Especially after the war there were divisions between the Death Eater children and the other Slytherins, and the two sides still were still on shaky ground with each other. Although you were a pureblood, your parents still hadn't served Voldemort. That was rare during the war, more so with Slytherin families like yours. Although, your parents hadn't exactly been on the "good" side either.

"So sorry to interrupt your tea party ladies, but Headmistress McGonagall wants me to inform (y/n) that she should come to her office once we arrive at Hogwarts," Draco said with his signature smirk, showing off his too-perfect white teeth. You remembered that Professor McGonagall had taken over Dumbledore's position as Headmaster after his death.

"What?!" you cried. "Why? I didn't do anything!" It seemed like this year was off to a bad start already.

Draco just shrugged his shoulders and sauntered off to his compartment. He didn't even bother to close the door.

Tracey and Daphne were staring at you with their mouths open. Finally, Tracey asked, "What was that about?"

"And why would McGonagall ask Malfoy to tell you?" Daphne added, making Malfoy's name sound like she was talking about Voldemort himself.

"I don't know," you said nervously as you got up to close the door, "I guess I'm gonna have to find out once we get there."

With that, you all grew silent in thought. You nervously anticipating your meeting with McGonagall. The train continued to puff its way towards Hogwarts, The one place you'd thought you'd never see again.

-

Hope you enjoyed my first chapter! Sorry if it seemed kind of rough, I'm pretty new to this. Plus, it's impossible to type on these phones.

Thank you for reading, please review!