Chapter Six: Nightmares

-

That night you had trouble sleeping. You were having nightmares about your parents. Again. Every time you closed your eyes you saw them being tortured by Voldemort, blood caking their bodies, the screaming. You had moved to the States to be far away from anything that could trigger those horrible memories, but being back in Hogwarts just aggravated them.

After lying awake for a few hours, you felt yourself gently start to drift back off to sleep. You hoped it would be a dreamless rest. But, no such luck.

-

Voldemort cackled as your 16-year-old self looked on from the safety of the doorway. No one had spotted you. Yet.

Your mother was crying out. Telling Voldemort that she would do anything, if he promised not to touch you. He replied to her with a cold, cruel smile. "I don't make those kind of promises anymore." And then the torturing began.

"Crucio." Your mother was on the floor, screaming, crying. She clawed at her face, trying to make the pain stop.

You turned away. You could hear your dad screaming for your mom, "(mom's name)!" But to you, it was just white noise.

Then, you heard the words.

"Avada Kedavra."

It was over. They were gone.

-

You woke up screaming and in a cold sweat. It took you a few moments to take in your surroundings and to realize there was someone kneeling next to your bed, saying your name.

"(y/n)! (y/n), wake up!"

It was Malfoy.

"Malfoy? What are you doing?" you rasped.

"What does it look like? You woke me up with all your screaming." Malfoy changed the slightly vulnerable look on his face to his usual, cold, impenetrable face.

"So sorry," you muttered sarcastically glaring back at him.

"What was it about?"

It took you a few seconds to comprehend what he had just said. Malfoy... cared?

You stared at him strangely before reluctantly telling Malfoy about your parents.

"My parents... they... they were tortured and killed by Voldemort during the war after they refused to work for him. I used to have nightmares about them all the time, and I would wake up crying." You looked carefully at Malfoy to make sure he was actually still listening. Surprisingly, he had a concerned look on his face.

You continued, "That's why I moved to the States. To get away from all of the bad memories this place triggered."

Malfoy stared at you for a few seconds. You looked at his eyes. You just noticed how beautiful they were. They were a silver, mesmerizing color. It looked like he was calculating what to say next. When the silence started to get awkward, he finally said something.

"Maybe it's time you make new memories."

You smiled at him. He could actually be quite comforting if he wanted to be.

"You should probably get some sleep, Draco," you said, still smiling.

"Yeah." He started heading for the door before pausing. You saw his face get colder again.

"Oh, (y/n)?"

"Hm?" you said, still in a sleepy haze.

"This doesn't mean we're friends now." You heard the door slam closed and sighed. You told yourself to get some rest. Something told you that you wouldn't be having any more nightmares that night.

As you were starting to drift off, you realized something.

You had called him Draco.

-

Author's Note:

Heyyyy... It's TimbrWolf again!

Some more users to mention:
@talkaboutawinchester
@lilred645
@royalbella14
@dropdead-fan

Please tell me if I missed you! I'm really bad at keeping track of this sort of thing, but I love you all for even reading this story!

I'm really surprised it's made it this far! Thanks for listening, and I hope I will update again soon!