Zack

Lunch break was long over, and it's already the fourth period that is French, but still, there doesn't seem to be any reaction from Patrick

There's an uneasy feeling between the five of us, that uncomfortable silence eating inside us as we all wonder what could be the reason behind Patrick's silence when the letter shouldn't even be anything out of the ordinary. Of course we don't share this uneasiness with each other. We smile and joke and laugh, but deep down we feel the uncertain negativity brewing inside ourselves at this sudden change in Patrick's behaviour.

"You have been glancing at Patrick a little bit too much, don't you think?"

Nat's words has me flinching in fright, while I pull myself together. Nat smirks, but I only chuckles dryly. "Y-yeah- No! I mean no it's not...it's not like you think."

"What do you think I'm thinking?" She still has that smirk on, so I know she's messing around. I laugh lightly. "Nat, the whole class knows Patrick is Claire's boyfriend. Let's not dwindle on useless affairs shall we?"

"Okay," Nat nods her head while I get back to writing, but still continues. "It still doesn't explain why you have been staring at him. For too long, must I add."

I place my pen down and sigh. I'm bursting to tell someone, share with someone about this negative feeling inside me and I sure as hell can't tell Claire or the others in case they take me in the wrong way.

Should I tell Nat? Will she understand? Or will she think negatively of me too? What if she tells her friends?

I shudder at the last thought, wondering just how many seconds it will take for Tessa and Anna to spread the word.

Nope. No can do.

But of course I can't just smile and tell her I was staring at him for no reason. If I don't want to sound like a cheater that is. So instead I divert the talk.

I tell her about my newest love.

Yup. I sacrificed my secret for Claire. She owes me.

"I think I'm in love, Nat."

Nats eyes bulge like they are about to pop. I knew she would be shocked, anyone will be, but her reason for being shocked is entirely something else. "W-with Patrick! Ari you can't!"

My face turns to disgust as I look at her, wondering whose fault it is for her to jump into this conclusion until I realise it's mine.

Right. She was asking me why I was staring at Patrick and I threw the bomb at her. My bad.

"No. Dumbass. Patrick isn't even my type." Nat releases a sigh of relief before picking up her pen again that she had dropped. Her face was all lit up in smiles as she made wiggly eyebrows at me. "Well? Who is the prince charming? Well well well?"

Out of reflex, I blush, unable to control my own giddy feelings as a shy smile creeps into my face making Nat chuckle even more. "Oh my God! Look at you blush! I haven't seen you blush like that in a while! Who is it?"