2014 Again

I never knew I would love makeup so much

I never knew I would love makeup so much. Actually, I shouldn't even be liking it at this age, eleven years is too young to use makeup, but I just can't help it.

So I stared at my reflection in the mirror with my eyes rimmed with pencil liner, making them pop slightly. My sister's didn't like the idea of Alice and I using makeup, but there wasn't anything they could do if it wasn't harming us. I mean, we weren't using it the wrong way. We weren't doing it for attention, and our grades were good too, which means none of this is affecting our studies.

Once I'm done with the eyes, I pick up the lip gloss and start applying, just as Alena walks up to me, picks up the liner and starts drawing with it in her hands.

I want to tell her that's nasty, but I just remain silent while completing my look. At the same time, Alena finishes whatever she has been doing in her hands before showing it to me.

It was an S.

My eyes remained on Alena's hand, but I could feel the smirk forming on her face as she stared at me. "Want me to make you one too?"

"No thank you. I'm going to school now."

"But isn't S your favourite lately?" Alena sings, while I drop the lipgloss and begin exiting the room without bothering to reply to her.

"Or should I say, Stefen?"

Out of reflex, my legs stop moving and I come to an abrupt halt. My lips part in surprise at the same time my body goes rigid, feeling my heart rate escalate while I hear laughter from behind me. But they were not Alena's. They were Sindy, Andrew and Ashley's.

"Who's Stefen?" Andrew asked between chuckles, but I could not bring myself to turn. And I didn't need to. Alena was quick to answer. "Ask our dear Ariana why don't you?"

With my hands starting to turn clammy, I turn them into fists before glancing behind me towards Andrew. "We are already getting late. You're gonna drop us off or not?"

Wondering how my dear sister Alena knows about good ole Stefen? Well, she did the most awful thing one could do.

She read my journal.

Flashback:

It was Christmas eve, and the six of us were huddled in Ashley and Sindy's shared room doing God knows what. Probably just goofing around. I have no idea how my journal even ended up in the pile of stuff we were messing with, but it was just there. And it fell in the wrong hands.

The moment my eyes landed on Alena holding my leather bound book, blood rushed to my ears making it harder to hear and my movements slow as I grabbed the book and snatched it from her. My eyes were filled with horror and disbelief at the audacity of her, and soon that fear would turn into anger.

I was furious. I was pissed. I wanted to scream at her, yell at her and ask what right she had to read my personal thoughts. I should have, only I didn't. Because soon, my fear turned anger was turning into fear yet again, as I stared at the page she was reading.