Falling

Badump

Badump. Badump.

This couldn't be. No, this was impossible.

How could the alarm ring? How could it say I like Stefen?

Do I like Stefen? I had never felt a tiny tingle whenever I caught him staring. How could the alarm ring then?

"And then she said, 'Of all the students present here, only Ms Manzel here had got it right.' The glares I received after that. God if looks could kill- you listening? Ariana?"

Was it malfunctioning? Now? But Why?

Or did my heart just...know me better than I thought?

"Ariana? Earth to Ariana!"

"Ye-yeah! Yeah you were...saying?" I stammered, swallowing the spit that had formed in my mouth and trying to keep a straight and interested face while Alice stared at me like I had grown two heads. "What are you thinking about so deeply?"

My alarm just told me I was in love with a guy from my class who has a nac of staring at me for no real reason.

"Nothing just...some stuff about...about...Rea and Nat." That was smooth.

Alice nodded, completely buying it before she began again about how the teachers always appreciated her.

I was back at home, and it had been hours since School hours came to an end, yet the events of today wouldn't leave my mind.

The alarm, it had rung. After a long time it had rung. I don't know whether I should be happy or worried.

I had feared the alarm had gone numb or disappeared, so I had wished it to ring randomly just to know it still existed. What I didn't want was for it to ring for Stefen Brooke of all people.

Seriously, why that guy?

I sighed, for the nth time that day. I had plenty of homework and tests coming up, and here I was, sighing over a boy I wasn't even sure I liked.

No. This won't do. I have to pull myself together. I'm a student after all.

Giving my head a good shake, I pulled out my books from my bag and began completing the homework one after another.

Time will only tell how far the alarm is true. Until then, I have nothing to lose.

--------

Or so I thought.

Because not long had I stepped into the school, my chest began to ache, just like that day if not worse. Throughout the day my face remained in a twisted grimace, for the pain was so intense I could hardly breath.

But this time, I haď a feeling I knew why this was happening to me.

Stefen was absent, just like that day.