Prologue

December, 2013,

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

December, 2013,

I was ten years old when I found out I had an alarm in my heart.

It had not rung, nor had it even seemed to ever exist, but somehow I had come to the realisation that there was just something more to the pumping organ in my chest than just circulating my blood.

I believe it had to do something with the time my mom was hospitalised, or perhaps I had just somehow found out at that very moment. Because that was when it actually rang for the first time.

It was somewhere in December of 2013, when the cold had finally seeped into the pores of our walls and chills would often run down our spine, my family and I had moved to a new place.

To sum it all up, my family and I had been staying in London even before I or any of my siblings were born. We had stayed there for so long that we had never really had an idea of our native country, America.

It was only in May of 2013 did we finally move to America, once and for all, never to return to the land I was born and brought up.

When we got there, we had our huge big ass family to greet us. Dad has seven brothers, one among whom had passed away, and three sisters among whom one had passed away too. Nonetheless they still have left behind a family of their own, their kids already married with children.

Everything was nice, my family and I had never felt this welcomed, and moving to the States suddenly didn't feel that bad. I missed my birth land awfully, and had detested the idea of moving. But now that I had met my whole family and had been showered with never ending love, I was not hating it as much.

One month after our arrival, Dad decided to finally enrol us in school, where I would be starting my fourth year in Junior school.

Oh! Right! I still have to introduce my family to you so as to not confuse things later!

My dad's name is Aron Manzel, the head of the house. Nothing much to say about him, just that he is often strict and his role as the father of the protagonist is to make sure his children don't grow up into weaklings and instead learn how to stand up on their own every time they fall.

Then is my mom, Felicity Manzel, a chubby round woman with a heart of gold. Not that golden though, she does have her own episodes of flipping, but her hobby has always been to be the water in front of a burning dad, or family. She is/was a great cook.

Then, starting with my siblings, first up is my eldest sister, Ashley Manzel. Ashley is a genius just like dad, with a GPA 5 in every single semester. She had taken more to mom's features, but was a natural beauty, as many liked to call it. She was, as her position in the family tree speaks for itself, the next head of the house, considering her personality was like that of dad.

Second comes Sindy Manzel, or more of the fashionista of the family. Sindy had taken after dad's looks, and many said she was a spitting image of Grandma. She was the one person who knew the latest trends of fashion more than anyone in the household, also picking that habit from dad who also happened to be a fashionista during his time.