It Isn't In My Blood To Surrender

"Rex!" 

The captain was startled out of his thoughts by his private commlink going off, he was confused as to why Omega would contact him even after he had asked for silence. He had just left the batch on their ship a few hours ago and everything was fine. 

"Omega, what is it?" 

"We need help, they have all collapsed!" Her scared tone came over the commlink.

"What do you mean they have collapsed, talk to me" Rex spoke in a soft tone as he started up his ship.

"We were all talking when Wrecker said he wasn't feeling too clever and the next thing we knew he had collapsed holding his chest muttering about pain. Tech at first thought he pulled a muscle but then he fainted crying out in pain holding his chest. Echo was awake momentarily and talking to Hunter when he…he…" 

"Deep breaths Omega, now tell me what happened to Hunter" Rex spoke in his gentlest tone knowing the sergeant of the bad batch and Omega had a unique relationship, almost like father and daughter with the way they went on. 

"He collapsed to his knees, Echo caught him and he screamed in agony saying his bond was breaking…I don't know what it means but Echo thinks he knows…we were on our way to you…when Echo collapsed scratching his chest and holding his head. Rex, I'm scared…we have arrived on Ord Mantell…Cid won't help…she's busy…Rex…I can't breathe…" 

"Omega….Omega!...Omega…." 

A crash on the other side had Rex moving quicker as he prayed they were fine. An idea came to him as he contacted a few allies who were nearby and hoped it wasn't what he thought it was. 

Some time later…

Pain that's what he felt but he pushed through the haze of his thoughts and he became aware of his senses. 

"Un…Hun….ter…Hunter…dad please… wake up" 

That was Omega, he shot up at the sound of that familiar voice only for a pair of strong arms to press him back until his body landed on something soft, his eyes shot open only to see a worried Rex standing over him with Echo, the arc trooper looked to have been through hell and somehow he had a few new injuries. 

"What happened?" Hunter's question only had Omega scrambling into his arms. He pulled her close while the two clones in front of him shared a look. 

"Our soulbond was attacked" 

Tech's voice caught his attention as his eyes drifted to the side of what he now knew as a medic room to see Wrecker and Tech, the bigger man was holding the engineer close while Tech woke up. 

"How? We are all here" Hunter answered without even thinking about it. Echo could only rub his nose. 

"Not all of us" Wrecker pressed his words through his teeth as Rex moved slightly, allowing what Hunter now sensed as a Jedi into the room. None other than the famous Commander Ahsoka Tano was by his bedside wearing a grim expression. 

"What do you mean? We are all here" Hunter muttered out, his head was on fire and the others seemed to notice as Ahsoka passed a cooling cloth to his head. 

"Not all of us. Even though I understand where you are coming from. We did bond the four of us after we lost Crosshair to the Empire, after we learned of his death via our bond but it would seem…" Tech was cut off by Echo swaying slightly, the arc trooper was then helped into a chair by Rex who watched his brother with concern. Ahsoka kneeled down in front of Echo trying to assess him.