A Second Chance (Brothers)

It took one blaster bullet to go the wrong way and soon he found himself unable to breathe as his eyes barely blinked at the many footfalls running towards his body. He gasped in pain as gentle arms caught him, ones that didn't belong to someone he wanted no instead it was one of the elite squad.

"Commander has been shot! I repeat the commander has been shot!"

Those words came over the Empire radio, the clones that had been in the process of escaping from the prison that the Elite Squad had been stationed at stopped in their tracks, especially five of them.

"Hunter, you don't think?"

The sergeant of the batch turned to Echo who gestured towards the elite squad who had moved back towards their commander who had indeed fallen to the ground.

"ES-02, what do we do?"

"Leave him, he's only a clone. He's replaceable"

"But he's Ramparts Commander, we can't go against him"

"Well stick around ES-04, we have a job to do. Would he really stay with us?"

"Probably not. I'm sorry commander"

"I will take the charge. It's time for a retreat"

The batch decided to chase after the elite squad with Rex as they fired at the retreating figures of the squad who didn't even look back, not even at the body of the commander in the snow.

Curiously Omega wandered over only to remove the helmet revealing to be...

"Hunter!"

Omega's scream had the sergeant turning only to see Omega kneeling beside the commander of the elite squad. On closer inspection he found his eyes widening in utter shock, there lying in the snow, lips and chest caked in blood was their former member. Crosshair who lay half-awake staring at the clouds above.

"Tech!"

The engineer turned from where he was speaking to Echo, Rex and Wrecker, all four of them could only see Hunter kneel beside a body while Omega cried. It had them all moving on the double only to gasp at who lay in the snow.

"Osik! Is he...please tell me he's..." Wrecker kneeled beside Crosshairs head and lifted the lithe body into his lap. The marksman never responded to anything they did not even when Tech injected adrenaline into his body.

"Rex, where's that temple? The force people?" Hunter asked only for Rex to gesture for them to follow. Wrecker scooped up the marksman who was unresponsive but still alive according to Techs scans, his heart was still beating.

It took two long minutes for the group to reach the temple where healers stood around a table.

"Come in, lay the fallen on the table. We will see what we can do but please step outside" A lady spoke, Wrecker nodded complying by placing his bleeding brother on the table. Sadly Wrecker followed the others to the outside while inside the temple something else happened.

Crosshair knew something was wrong, he was cold not that he wasn't all the time but this time he was freezing. Until a hand of warmth landed on his face and pulled him out of the darkness and into the light. He blinked, noticing he was standing beside a glowing figure while he turned to see his body being worked on by healer's.

"Where am I?" Crosshair gasped out only for the figure to smile, removing their hood. It was revealed to be Shaak Ti, one of the fallen Jedi.

"Crosshair, not many are given the opportunity you are about to be given. But you must decide quickly"