A Wish Provided by Happiness

"Can you meet me at the water bridge?"

"Megs, I'm busy" 

"Please, I know we don't see eye to eye but I need you" 

"Fine, I will be five minutes" 

Omega could only look down at her phone from where she sat on the bench overlooking the beach. She had never felt so much fear. A rumbling of an engine behind her alerted her to the one she had called. The slow footsteps alerted her to her uncle. 

"What is it?" 

"Hello, to you to" 

"Megs"

"Please don't freak out but I think I'm going to get kicked out" 

"..."

"Crosshair, I'm pregnant" 

Crosshair froze, taking a seat beside Omega who could only fiddle with her thumbs. 

"And?" 

Omega gave Crosshair a look, her uncle didn't seem bothered by the information. 

"And! Cross! Hunter is going to kill me, he has told me time and time again. Marriage then kids not that he ever did that, no offence" 

"Non-taken" 

"Cross, I just don't know how to tell them. What if I get kicked out? What if they dont love me anymore! I can't do this alone…I'm…I'm…Cross!" 

Crosshair could only sigh, kneeling down in front of his panicking niece. He pulled her into a hug, she could only sob into his arms. The normal silent man worked the night shift so she never really saw him. Crosshair could only sigh, he looked at his watch and decided he would get her home and stick around while taking the night off. Someone else could cover him for a change. 

"Shh, everything will be fine. If any of them react negatively, I will make sure Fives beats up your father before I do" Crosshair murmured, he rubbed her back.

"If you don't mind me asking how far along are you" 

"14 weeks" 

"Who?" 

"Caleb Dume"

"The kid that died?" 

"Yes, Cross. Thanks for that reminder"

"Sorry" Crosshair could only rub her back. "Come on, I will give you a ride back and I'm sure everything will work out okay".

"But"

"No buts, I'm taking the night off to spend some time with Wrecker" 

"And me?" 

"Sure, now get on the bike before this turns into something mushy" 

"Cross, is this safe?" 

"Probably not but I will drive carefully"

"Is that what you tell Hunter when you take me out and do wheelies" 

"Shut up before I make you push it"

"Sure sure, Uncle Cross" 

"..." 

Omega could only smile knowing she had won the argument she placed her things into Crosshairs backpack. She was quick to put it on and the spare helmet as Crosshair rang his workplace explaining why he wasn't coming in and booking a few days off knowing he would be needing them.