The Silence Behind The Sniper

Warning: Miscarriage further down the chapter (Near the end)

Corporal Echo had seen a lot in his day but never had he dealt with the carnage of what the 501st had to go through. The separatists had upped their game and attacked Kamino, a place where the clones were from. Almost every clone in the universe returned back to their ‘home’ in hopes to save it and rescue the younger ones but in the end, Kamino was lost and clone production had come to an end. The last batch of known clones to be graduated from Kamino were the famous batch known as Clone Force 99 who did the missions nobody else could do, not even some jedi could do what they did. There were originally six in the batch but their eldest was lost in the Kamino fires so to keep the squad at its peak, they took on the only female clone who was their sister. She was amazing, the sergeant of the group had taken her under her wing and she had a type of communication between the batch members, almost bringing them closer together because of her presence. Even the ‘arsehole’ sniper who had got his nickname from the regular clones across the universe had adapted to her presence. The squad were very known for their deviant behaviours, ignoring orders and adapting around one another. There was a reason why the 501st never worked with them because the higher ups didn’t want any death wishes since the 501st had the most warnings in the whole of the Grand Army of the Republic. Also, to save Captain Rex’s stress head. 

But after the 501st got a distress call from the legendary clone force 99, Rex and a few others immediately went out to find out what was wrong as the 501st did owe 99 for what they had helped with. When the 501st arrived, they were in absolute shock. Clone Force 99, most of the members were unconscious all bar the sniper was fighting in combat moves against several trandoshan’s, who were huge compared to the sniper, who was the smallest out of the males in the batch. 

“Let’s go men” Rex ordered none other than Lieutenant Jesse, CMO Kix, Corporal Echo and the insane Arc of their group, Fives, straight into attack. The sniper never showed his body language as he continued to fight. With ease the 501st members managed to take down the trandoshan’s and ease the fight back on their side, soon they weren’t being attacked.

The sniper never introduced themself instead Rex seemed to kneel down beside the sergeant who was shocked to see the 501st had even responded, “Sergeant Hunter, what happened?” Rex questioned, Hunter grimaced climbing to his feet holding his side as he heard the others groan. 

“Hunter, Wrecker is missing” Tech groaned out, climbing to his feet. Hunter whipped around looking for his demolition expert only for his eyes to land on Crosshair who was helping Omega to her feet. 

“Crosshair?” 

“He was taken by those bastards” Crosshair didn’t even care for his language. Both Jesse and Kix looked up from where they were kneeling beside Omega who was being checked by Kix on Tech’s insistence. Hunter grimaced. 

“Sergeant?” Rex’s questionable tone had Hunter sighing, “We were sent to retrieve information by General Krell, who is…” 

“An arsehole” Crosshair interrupted making Hunter sigh, Rex tried his hardest to keep emotion off his face but from Fives laughing and agreeing, it was hard to stop his smile from slipping slightly. 

“Anyway, we barely made ground when we discovered communications on the separatists side that…Tech?” Hunter’s vision wobbled, he took a seat on a nearby rock. Tech appeared at his side finishing the sentence, “General Krell had sent a warning to the trandoshan army and we found ourselves in an ambush” Tech said, giving Hunter some bacta to place on his bleeding arm wound. Echo took notice that almost all of clone force 99 were injured apart from the sniper who seemed to be talking to Fives. 

“I have no clue what state Wrecker is in but he was caught in a blast so I can guarantee, he will be unconscious. Rex, I might need your help in…” Hunter never finished as someone cried out, “AMBUSH!”. It was Jesse, all heads whipped to the lieutenant just as several gas grenades turned their vision dark. The last thing Echo saw was Crosshair being thrown into a nearby tree, his body like a ragdoll before his vision went fully dark.