Rogue (Brother's AU)

“Hunter, Echo. Anyone there?” 

“We read you Rex, what’s the problem?” Echo answered the commlink, bringing up the holographic visual of the ex-captain. Rex only smiled as the rest of the batch came into view. Being on the run from the Empire wasn't the best but at least they were together. 

“Have you heard the news?” Rex asked.

“What news?” Omega asked, coming up to stand in front of Wrecker and Tech while Hunter took a seat. 

“Rampart’s dead” 

The five members of the batch looked at each other in shock, “Captain, did you say the admiral is dead?” Hunter questioned, Rex could only nod. 

“Come to Ryloth. I will explain everything" Rex explained. 

The commline cut off as a set off coordinates popped up on their screens. Tech turned to look at Hunter who rubbed his face, “Tech set coordinates for Ryloth while I deal with Cid” Hunter muttered, feeling a headache coming on. Wrecker and Echo shared a look, Echo took up the co-pilot seat while Wrecker and Omega went to go count grenade’s in the armoury. Hunter sighed as he spoke with Cid who threatened that she wouldn’t wait for them forever. Their debt still had to be paid. 

It didn’t take them long to reach the hidden coordinates in Ryloth, Omega smirked seeing Captain Rex’s ship just hidden by the trees. Rex looked up from where he was speaking to a now free Captain Howzer and Gregor. The three gestured for the batch to come over, Hunter mumbled something about being too open but Echo just patted his shoulder heading over to join the others. 

“What’s this about Rex?” Echo asked, greeting his longtime brother who hugged him. 

“Watch this!” Gregor exclaimed in a maniac tone. Wrecker smirked as Howzer activated his datapad, Tech gasped noticing a familiar code as he accessed the database with ease. On the video, it showed Admiral Rampart giving a speech about the loss of Kamino and a few other planets, he was speaking about protecting the people and blamed the clones for the cause. It got cheers in the crowd as Rampart smirked, he continued only to speak about peace and freedom when an accurate bullet shot through the crowd straight into the head of the Admiral. The feed cut off as the drone was shot out of the sky and it landed sideways only for it to catch every imperial guard death and for the crowd to dissipate. The drone captured one last image and that was off a painted skull on a rebellion symbol. With a knife through its eye. The video then cuts off. 

“Woah” Wrecker and Omega said in sync, looking at the symbol admiring the artwork. Tech and Hunter shared a look. 

“What’s this got to do with us?” Hunter asked, Echo turned to look at Rex who sighed. 

“There’s been reports that a commander has gone rogue within the Empire and is being hunted down. There are multiple reports regarding clones going AWOL but we can’t confirm who. All we know is that Rampart was going to order all clones to execution when this rogue struck out killing the admiral” Rex explained turning to Howzer who nodded. 

“We believe the rogue is heading for Ord Mantell, there has been a word going around, they are taking down all top individuals who have connections to the Empire as well as helping clones escape the clutches” Howzer reported, showing Tech the data, the engineer was quick to record it. 

“Who would have thought my scouts would be right? Clone Force 99 is still alive, well part of it is” The unknown voice surprised the group as they all turned around only to gasp at the amount of stormtroopers surrounding them with Tarkin leading them, Rex moved to pick his helmet up when a whole lot of stun rounds headed their way. Omega crumbled as Hunter landed on her. She pretended to be knocked out as she worked out where they were heading she caught the conversation.