The Plan (Tech x Crosshair)

“What do you mean you are leaving, we agreed to do a five year tour?” Echo roared at his bandmate, one who had been on the tour since the start. Other bandmates looked over in confusion. 

“Like I said, I have to go” 

“Go where, Crosshair?” 

“...” Crosshair looked off to the side, his hood was yanked down by another bandmate, the second oldest, their frontliner, singer Hunter Dawson. 

“Cross, what’s going on? Why the sudden exit?” Hunter tried to ease his voice but he was furious at his bandmate. 

“I can’t tell you but I have to go” Crosshair grunted out, he grabbed his bag and hoodie. His guitar already on his back. He barely slipped out of the trailer passing Hunter who glared. Echo had the same issue. 

“Let me talk to him, there’s obviously more going on” Tech called out, he was the band’s keyboard player. Beside him was Wrecker, the drummer. While Echo did the base and occasional other instruments. Their group was called ‘Havok Marauder’ and they wore masks concealing their identities when on stage. Tech chased after their guitarist only to find him crumbled in between two trailers, the silver haired young man was curled up with his head in his hands while he clutched his phone. 

“Cross….hey it’s only me” Tech whispered, Crosshair blinked up through tears. Tech went to reach for him when his eyes caught what was on the screen, a text message which had Tech in almost tears. It read ‘CJ home now. Sad news: Mother has passed away and you now have the rights to….’. Tech couldn’t read the rest as he wrapped up his younger bandmate. 

“I’m so sorry” Tech whispered, Crosshair had just lost his mother, the only family member who he deeply cared about. His father was an absolute arsehole, there was one other individual and that was Crosshairs adopted sister who lived with the guitarist in his trailer, she was amazing at the instruments. Crosshair only held tighter, his sobs muffled by Tech who held him close, “I understand why you need to return home but why won’t you tell the others. They won’t judge you. I don’t…” 

“They won’t understand why I left that life. They will just see me for the family name, Tech why do you think I took your name not only because I love you but because the last thing I want is my last name getting out….they would stop loving me, I know it” Crosshair whispered, Tech only held him tighter, he tried to reassure that it wouldn’t happen that way but at the same time, the other three were temperamental. 

“Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong but don’t take too long. We…I will miss our boyfriend/husband” Tech muttered, Crosshair nodded since the two were married due to who they actually were plus the others they had invited into their relationship. The other three were married to one another which was strangely funny since they all just needed to sign for it. “But, Cross, what about Omega? Does she know?” Tech added, Crosshair accepted his hand while picking up his bag. Tech immediately helped him into the coat/hoodie which had him smiling. 

“She knows, just Tech…I’ve spoken to her, can you keep watch over her until I return?” 

“How long Cross? She’s seventeen, you are twenty-one remember so age difference makes a huge appearance” Tech grumbled. 

“A couple of weeks, please” Crosshair whispered, Tech could only nod as the two shared a kiss unaware of the camera’s that had snuck into the back. The two had tried to keep their relationship on the down low, Tech’s family didn’t mind but Crosshairs was another world. 

“Okay but I want updates, no radio silence, understand? You shouldn’t be going through this alone, love” Tech whispered, he kissed Crosshair one last time before the two separated and Crosshair headed for his bike, his helmet was barely on before someone came over to ask him something. He didn’t answer as he wasn’t one to answer the questions well. That was until a reporter asked about his family, Crosshair only revved his engine and disappeared off into the distance.