Same Old Brand New

“You know you aren’t anything different than what you were from before the order” 

“I will take that as a compliment” 

“Really? We come to you for help and all you do is smugly sit there with your alcohol?” 

“What do you want me to say?” 

“That you will help! I’ve just told you Omega’s been captured and all you can do is sit around in imperial armour and roll your eyes. Technically it’s your fault she got captured after you left her alone” 

“Last I checked Hunter, she wasn’t my responsibility” 

“Kark off Crosshair, we saved you and when we need help, you just turn your back on us!” 

“Yes, now do you have a problem with that?” 

“Your a fucking coward!” 

“Big words for you Hun-ter” 

“Asshole, what if this was Tech? Echo? Wrecker? Would it be any different?” 

“No” 

“Really?! Are you that cold! We saved you and…” 

“Let’s make one thing clear, you ‘DIDN’T SAVE ME!’. I did that myself after you left me in Mount Tantiss after your initial save of both the kid and surprisingly Tech. So, I don’t see how this is my problem; you lost her, you get her back, simple” 

The cold vice words deeply hit the sergeant of Clone Force 99 who couldn’t help his next actions, Hunter lunged forward punching the marksman who never said a word, he didn’t even fight back as someone pulled Hunter off him. 

“Come on Hunter, he’s clearly not going to help. Leave the coward be” Gregor exclaimed, Hunter only shook his head throwing something at the marksman, a small skull with a ‘crosshair’ on the eyes. 

“If our brotherhood seriously meant nothing, here’s your badge. From now on, you aren’t permitted to be with the batch or the ship for the rest of your life” Hunter snarled, Crosshair barely looked at him as he stared down at the skull. Reality kicked in, he had been officially disowned and for once, Crosshair was fine with that. It was one way to be rid of the batch out of his life. 

Three days had passed by the time Hunter found a location dealing with Omega, who was being held by a group of imperial officers, their research containing several blood results and Omega being prodded with medical equipment. Putting together a team was tricky but Echo managed as it was him, Hunter, Wrecker, Gregor and Rex running this team. Tech was back on Pabu recovering with Phee watching over him. The engineer wasn’t happy to be grounded but managed to stay in contact and provide any information where possible. 

Echo sighed looking through his binoculars, he noticed the security had tightened as he was thrown over the wall by Wrecker, all of them landing silently after the demolition expert threw them up. Wrecker climbed over landing with ease beside Gregor who smirked at him. They would be splitting up; Wrecker and Gregor had to make a distraction while Rex, Echo and Hunter would head towards the courtyard where Omega had been spotted. She was being watched by a set of commando’s that were actually de-chipped and working for another, she felt safe around them especially since one kept checking on her when none of the imperials were watching.

“Wrecker, ready when you are…”

 “Wait, hold up on that” Rex ordered watching as Omega was directed towards another building but soon dived for cover as the imperials aimed at the commando’s who took aim without a second thought and saved Omega.