Last One Standing (Echo x Crosshair)

"Please Crosshair…put the gun down! I didn't do anything!" Omega cried out as she stood over the fallen body of Hunter, the sergeant had been stunned by a particular marksman who was standing opposite Omega and Hunter, he was holding his rifle and aiming it straight at the blond clone. 

"Commander, what's your call?" 

CT-9904 was conflicted as he aimed straight for Omega's head, the female clone holding up her bow. Around them were four other imperial nat-borns, the team he was meant to lead. But then again he had already gone against many so he was technically demoted not that anyone knew that. 

"I think I will stop you right there Commander. You are outnumbered, stand down" Echo's grumpy tone had the imperial officers and CT-9904 turning to see Echo, Tech, Wrecker, Rex and some clone CT-9904 recognised as Gregor. 

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" CT-9904 questioned, waving his rifle slightly but still aiming it at Omega's head. 

"Captain Rex of the former 501st" Rex introduced himself thinking that Crosshair would recognise him. But the commander never moved trying to fight something else within. Wrecker knew one thing at that moment, Crosshair was gone. The marksman they all knew was gone for good, however Echo noticed one thing, the marksman kept clenching his left hand almost like it was morse code. He tried to focus on the message when all four imperial officers turned their guns on the commander. 

"What are you doing?!" CT-9904 hissed out.

"It's nothing personal Commander but we aren't going to be the next squad to die because of you. Instead I suggest you listen to the captain in the room" one of them called out removing their helmet revealing a familiar face. 

"Oddball! Oh god, I've missed you!" Gregor excitedly said. The other three removed their helmets revealing Comet, Sinker and Wooley. Clones. CT-9904 was confused last he checked the imperial squad were nat-borns, what had happened? He thought back to what the admiral had said earlier. 

"The rest of the Elite Squad will meet you in the hangar bay once they have dealt with the prisoners, now off you go Commander you have a very busy day ahead" 

CT-9904 could only glare under his helmet as he dropped his rifle which confused them all, especially when he strapped it to his back. Omega sighed in relief especially when Hunter groaned awake. 

"Hands up!" Rex called out, CT-9904 could only glare beneath his helmet and cross his arms in arrogance. 

"Rex, calm down. He's not going to harm us" Echo murmured. 

"Bullshit, we all know who this bastard has killed! Do you know how many of our brothers have died by execution by his hand? I don't know how many times I must say this but CT-9904 is Crosshair. There's no difference" Rex explained, Echo sighed knowing his stubborn hard headed brother didn't understand what he had seen. 

Hunter was just in the process of climbing to his feet when CT-9904 turned his back on them all and walked over to the window that overwatched a cliff's edge. The same one that Captain Wilco had been murdered at. 

"Where's he going?" Wrecker asked only to watch CT-9904 take a seat on the edge and stare into the distance. Something just didn't add up right. Echo raised an eyebrow sharing a look with Tech who eyed up the marksman on the ledge. Since the window was basically shattered from earlier shootings. 

"I don't care. We need to move, we have incoming. Several star fighters have been deployed, they will be on this facility any minute now" Rex exclaimed, he showed them all his map. 

"I agree, let's move," Wooley added, moving with Comet and Sinker. Both of them watched their former commander stare into the distance. Oddball was the only one to approach him, the two must have shared a few words before Oddball jogged back over to them.