Last Resort

Rex couldn’t help but pace back and forward in front of the door that held the bastard who had kidnapped his baby sister. The day had started out normal, he was in the process of picking up his sister from school when the playground was suddenly under fire as a van drove through the field and started to snatch children from their parents, two of the poor children ended up being Commander Cody’s son’s and Rex’s sister. A few other children were taken and the police knew it was a targeted act because the royal children of Anakin and Padme Skywalker were taken, the parents were frantic as were any other guardians of the children. Especially certain police officers such as Captain Rex who could only sit aside well that’s what most thought because a certain set of brothers were in the process of finding the children with their insane skills they had been taught by those who raised them up until Rex took them in after finding out he had a sister and later a completed family. 

“Rex! We got your message. Any word?” 

The voice of one of his brothers had Rex turning to see Echo running forward with Fives, the troublemaking twins who Rex had met in his foster home became his brothers. 

“Not yet. Cody insists he will let me know. How he is working is beyond me” Rex sighed accepting the hug from Echo. 

“No offence Rex but nothing could stop Cody from working this case not even Obi-wan” Fives said with a tease just as the door opened revealing a furious Obi-wan who was being dragged out the room by a frustrated Jesse, the lieutenant of Rex. 

“Calm down, let Cody handle this. Remember he knows what he is doing” Jesse shoved Obi-wan into a chair, it was gently done leaving Obi-wan to only fiddle with his hands and glare at the floor. 

Not even ten minutes later the door swung open and a frowning Cody appeared, all officers and even Anakin stood up ready for some information from the commander who remained impassive. 

“What did he say?” Obi-wan asked, moving to wrap Cody up, the commander only crossed his arms looking annoyed. 

“Sadly, each child was taken to be sold into a slave camp” 

“No! My children!” Padme cried out, leading to Anakin to wrap her up and reassure her that they would get them back. 

“What! Who the hell do they think they are?!” Fives roared only for Cody to hold up a hand as he leaned slightly into Obi-wan. 

“Is there more?” Echo pressed while wrapping an arm around Rex who had paled as Cody nodded. 

“It’s not just any slave camp, it’s a…” Cody looked off to the side making many of them frown as Jesse took a step forward into the commander’s view. 

“What?” Anakin pressed his teeth together as he had a strange feeling about what was coming. 

“It’s a pleasure camp owned by the Empire Gang” Cody admitted, he was struggling to remain impassive as Obi-wan pulled him close into his chest while the others cried out. 

“We have to get them back!” Padme sobbed, her innocent children were in the process of possibly being used. 

“We will,” Rex said with a determined tone.

“How?” Anakin turned to Rex while the Royal Guard’s leader turned up who was nicknamed ‘Fox’, the man looked furious as he ordered guards to protect the royal couple and Obi-wan who was royal by blood, Anakin’s older brother.

“A special team who have unique skills are in the process of finding our children” Rex answered. 

“What if they can’t?” Jesse said, his voice mirroring most of their thoughts.