Chapter 28- -- Stalker vibes

I guess I'd been in a trance that I didn't hear the door bell ring, perhaps a knock. I had a feeling it wasn't anyone familiar at the door, if it were, they would have started banging on the door by now.

I wonder if whoever it was, was still at the door or has already left. As I opened the door, I looked up at the being at my door this wonderful afternoon and instantly I went numb.

"Hi" They said.

I was in utter dismay at the sight of the person before me. I was in awe, stunned, dumbfounded. To say I was thrown aback was an understatement.

The weird part was that the creature in front of me just kept grinning.

What could possibly be funny?

This is the last person I expected to see at my house today; no scratch that, not today, EVER!!.

"Hi again, you look like you have just seen a ghost or something". They said humorlessly.

I batted my eyes furiously, "Well yeah! I have seen a ghost and it's standing at my door. What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?" A myriad of questions started slipping out my mouth.

"I know what this looks like alright, but relax it's not what you think." He implored.

I rolled my eyes irritably "Are you sure you know what this looks like? Matter of fact it does a hundred percent look like what I think it is?"

I took a minute to look at what I was wearing. I had my usual boy shorts and oversized shirt that helped to hide my tiny frame on, the shirt was right above my knee, and had Too Lazy To Care inscribed on it. It was hard to see the shorts I have on under. My long braids are  up in a bonnet.

When I compared my outfit to what they were wearing, I was way underdressed. I wished I'd been informed before hand I'll be having a guess today. Whoever was in charge of that is fired! Fired!

But that wasn't the pressing issue at the moment.

I stepped out onto the porch and locked the door behind me. The situation was really making my skin cringe.

I suspiciously looked around if there was anyone around. I was feeling absolutely unsafe, but maybe I was just being paranoid. At least Bethel was home, even if I was going to get kidnapped this afternoon, I had an ounce of getting saved.

"I really find it unsettling that you're in my house Mr. Alvin. What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?" I asked agitatedly.

It seem like all the words he'd planned to use as excuses when he was asked had flew right out of his head and suddenly had amnesia. "Errm... I... so... you know the other day at the bank... on your slip... yeah on the slip, I got it from the slip."

A questioning frown darted on my face. "I don't remember leaving my address on that slip." I countered.

"Well!, as a banker I'm privy to customers' information." He said smiling sheepishly.

"So you go around taking people's personal information without the company's approval just because you have access to them? Or is this what the Bank have its employees do now?" I said, disgust evident in my tone.

I found it highly appalling. Maybe for some weird reason dear Alvin felt showing up to my house unannounced was some kind of romantic gesture. All I was getting was stalker vibes, and I feared for my dear life.

How long has it been, one, two days? Wow! It's hasn't even been quite a long while. I'd not even saved his contact yet!

"If I knew it was going to upset you, or that you were going to receive me this was I wouldn't have come." He said vulnerably. "Don't you girls love these things?"

"Last I checked, I didn't invite you. So forgive me if I'm not putting my hands out to welcome you with an embrace. And upset you say? I'm far from being upset. The thing is..." I tried to gather my words, "You're coming off as a stalker. And I'm not other girls!

"I wouldn't mind if you stalk me. Just make sure to show up at place. I mean I don't see any thing wrong with that." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Who does he think he is to come around and make silly jokes.

"I bet you looked me up on socials." I took out my phone from my back pocket, rummaging through my social pages.

I had a tingling feeling he was a creepy freak, but I beet much hoped he wasn't. I was hoping to have a bit of an entanglement with him after my recently disbanded situationship.

I scoffed at the sight of new follow notifications. "Oh my goodness gracious!" I pointed the phone to him in awe. "You really are a stalker! You followed me, and not just follow me, you liked all of my posts. Really? How long did that take you? I see you had time on your hands."

"You should be glad someone is taking so much interest in you. It's not a big deal if I like your post, what's wrong with that?" He stated insouciantly.

"Everything is wrong with that. You are so freaking creepy, dude." I erupted in frustration.

I was flushed with rage all at once. Anger invaded by body. I formed my hand into a fist to curb it. I took a deep breath. The swing surprised I myself.

Bethel came rushing from the room when she heard the noise and I was taking too long at the door.

"Hey, Tej what's going on? Who is it? Are you okay? You've been here for a while?!" Her gaze met Alvin's, I could sense the worry in her voice.

Then I felt her palm on my shoulder, she stood behind me taking in the appearance of Alvin, she knew she haven't seen him before but his appearance matched a description she was told. My fury subsided.

"Hi there" He said to Beth, gesturing with his hand. "Everything is fine, we were just having a little conversation. You don't have to worry. You can go back in she'll be in soon."

The nerve! It was inevitably an order I'm sure, he just asked it calmly.

Wait did I say stalker vibe? I made a huge blunder. He was a complete narcissist.

"Excuse you? And you are?" Beth interrogated.

"I'm Al..." He could not finish his statement as he was cut off my Beth.

"First of, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my friend. So you be quiet and let her speak for herself, she's not a child, okay?" Beth shunned him, turning her attention to me. "Are you okay? Do you need me to do anything for you?"

"Everything is fine babe. Mr Alvin was just leaving." I patted her hand on my shoulder to assure her. Not averting my gaze from him. "Enjoy the rest of your day Mr Alvin."

"Alright!" He surrendered as he backed up. "I'll be in touch."

"No, you wouldn't be in touch Mr Alvin." I stated with finality. "Lose my number."

"You heard her! If you trespass or bother her you'll get yourself cuffed." Beth threatened.

I look at my best friend, she look back at me and shrugged.