Chapter 22- --Drink Away My Pain

"Alright, I'll do the total package. You are a good Inker, right?". The client said over the phone.

"Yes I am. I'm the best at what I do." I bragged.

You bet I am.

She chuckled.  "Good. Duration?"

"Six weeks." And that was because I have free time. I took longer shuffling better work.

"Ok so I'll be in touch. For progress."

"That's absolutely fine. Thank you and have a nice day."

"Yeah, you too."

I've tried to use work as a coping mechanism to no avail. I just couldn't focus and stop worrying.

I grabbed my phone, unlocked it as I went through the ton of messages I have left Kiitan this past days. He still was not taking my calls or replying my text. How then was I supposed to explain my side of the story?

I rose and reluctantly made my way to Beth's room, letting myself in.

"I want to get out of this space, let's go grab a drink!!" I said sluggishly.

"You shouldn't make it a habit to always drink when you're having a hard time" She advised, worry laced her tone.

"I don't do that!."I said defensively. "I just need to... get some are. That's all!"

"Is Kiitan still not giving you audience?" She asked.

"He's not." I pointed out. My tone fell.  "You want to join me or I should drink alone."

"What's the time anyway?." She picked her phone to check. Before looking up at me, "Just one drink!"

"We can go all the way out just to get one drink!" I protested.

"We'll then, you are sticking to your limit!" She declared with finality.

"Whatever you say, boss. I'll go get ready." I left for the bathroom. I needed to take a quick bath.

The bath was quick. I got out and settled in front of the dresser to applied lotion on my body.

I dabbed in a light make up on my face, and brought out my best features. I applied bronzer on to the tip of my nose as usual to enhance its pointy structure, and onto my cheek bones to add some depth. I applied a waterproof mascara my long thick lashes, to avoid it smearing if I ended up crying my eyes out.

When I was done beating the face, I stood up and walked to my closet. I slipped into a subtle Denim Body Dress that snugged on my slim figure, revealing a little bit of cleavage. I paired it with my kitten heels. I adorned my ears with a pair of ruby studs.

I left my room to join Bethel in the living area.

"You look dazzling." I complimented her fit.

She was wearing a short black dress and a leopard print chiffon shirt. The outfit accentuated her curves. She pair the fit with a DG side bag and a pair of strap heels.

"Oh! Thank you. You look stunning yourself." She reciprocated.

"We'll thank you. Shall we?" I summoned.

"Of course!"

*

*

We were seated at the bar. We've already been served a glass of Pisco Sour! The way the pisco melds with the lime makes it bright, mellow, and distinctly magical. It had a cocktail bitters design right on the cocktail foam.

A glass of Ramos Gin Fizz each for Beth and I. It was an impossibly tall frothy topping and tangy burst of lime, lemon and orange blossom water, making it taste just like a lemon meringue pie.

We where currently having "Corpse Reviver". The strength of the drink was enough to bring a body back from the grave! And it was just was I needed. It was tart and zingy, with a hint of licorice on the finish.

I looked at my almost empty glass through my tipsy eyes.

"I need another drink." I declared.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Beth questioned. She still has her drink untouched.

"Yes! I'm sure." I asserted. I looked to the bartender, clicking on my glass, "Another glass of this, please."

"I think after that we should head home." She suggested.

"No!" I refused. "We are here to have fun!"

The bartender served my drink I took a sip quickly before getting on my feet. I pulled Beth by the hand.

"Come let's dance." I said as I strode backwards onto the dance floor.

The Dj had on a groovy music we could easy dance to. I started to move my hips. Momentarily Beth let loose a bit and was dancing.

I knew she was restricting herself from having as much fun just to look out for me. Moments later we went back to our seats.

"That was good right?" I said, stoked. "We should do shots!"

"Teju! I think you've had enough for the day."

"Come on! Don't be a bummer!" I prodded, as I started to bang on the bar slab with my palms, "Shot! Shots! Shot!"

"Fine!" She yielded.

We ordered shots of whiskey sour. I loved it the last time with the guys, so we ordered it again. We whipped up a whole batch in a gulp; well, I did. Let's just say I consumed more than half the batch.

"I need to use the restroom." I declared.

"I'll come with" Beth stated.

We tottered down the corridor to the lady's restroom. I tried to find my footing Beth supported me with her hands. We met two other girls using the restroom as well.

I got into one of the empty stalls in the restroom while Beth took another. In few seconds she was out and at the sink washing her hands.

"But why wouldn't he respond to my texts and call?" I blurted out suddenly from inside the stall I was in.

"So that's what this is all about, after all." Beth said.

"I've already told my parents about him. I have even invited him to the wedding. What am I going to tell my parents?"

"You never know he might come around before then." She convinced, "and you won't have to tell them anything."

"But what if he doesn't though?" I questioned. "Pass a tissue,please."

"What if he does." She said optimistically, smiling awkwardly at one of the girls in the restroom as she opened my stall to pass me the tissue.

I finished, walking out of the stall towards the sink to wash my hands.

"Hey look at me." She she ordered, turning to her slowly. "It has just been three days, give it time!"

I suddenly felt nauseous I rushed back into the toilet, ducked my head as I threw up.

"Are you okay?" Beth asked as she rushed to my side, "Oh! Tej! I thought we agreed to stay on the limit today."

I only continued to empty my guts. The last time I drank so much was with the guys.

She grabbed me by my arm lifting me to my feet. "Are you okay?" She asked. "I'll order us a ride home."

A/N: Hey guy! I hope y'all are staying safe? Hope you're not too bored? And I hope my book is helping kill that boredom? I hope so. Stay safe, be safe.  Don't forget to vote and comment.