Chapter 27- --- Pecan Brown Skinned

My exhibit was finally in few days. I was selecting my art works I was most proud of as well as the most recent that would offer the best representation of me as an artist. The laboring crew were coming later on to convey them to the venue.

I have sent out flyers with time, date, venue, and a brief describe of the nature of the exhibit and the kind of artwork it'll feature. I included a visual sample of the work that'll be shown to give attendees a feel for the exhibit.

I also sent Kiitan a copy of the invite. I know I said I wasn't going to contact him again. But he had been involved in the planning it was only fair he knew of the execution.

I was making excuses. I am aware.

And he didn't even bother to acknowledge the invite.

I held out a black and white painting I made of Kiitan. I labeled it the theme 'Fate'.

"That's a really good one." Beth suddenly mentioned.

Beth and I had been running errands towards the exhibition. She has been a great deal of support. I couldn't ask for more.

"You think?" I asked casually.

"Of course." She affirmed. "I think it's my favorite."

I huffed."I don't think it's going to make the cut."

"Why?" She asked quizzically, "Cause it's him?"

"Nah! I don't know." I hissed.

"Well you know best." She said as she turned to leave, "When are we going to check out the venue though?"

"I'm ready when you are." I called out after her.

***
I had a mentor who operated a commercial oriented art venture. There were a lot of those in the state. And she has agreed to rent the venue out to me at a really go deal.

Beth and I were in the hall and was looking around. Decide the arrangements and organization. The hall was spacious able to carry at least a hundred capacity.

It wasn't like I was expecting guests as much as a hundred.

"This is just perfect." Beth affirmed.

I nodded.

"I agree." I said, "I sent the address to the labor crew."

"Oh great. They can start moving the items." Beth said.

"I'll need to get to the mall to get some supplies. You can head home." I informed her.

"Okay. I am meeting Shiju anyway." She stated.

"Okay that's fine then. We'll just meet at home." I said as we walked to the elavator that conveyed us to the exit of the building.

****

I got the supplies I need as was on a queue to the cashier. I was engrossed in my phone when someone walked up to me.

"You're in my spot, but it's fine" He said accussatively.

I couldn't read his tone, I didn't know if was he joking or was he being serious.

I raised my head abruptly, "Excuse me?" A quizzical look on my face.

"I'd only been gone for what..." he looked at his wrist watch "say two minutes? And you're already in my spot. I told the young man I'd be right back." He said gesturing to the guy in front of me. "You can't just cut lines."

The guy in question had an horrific expression on his face. Like he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

The hell?