Ch34: Everyone, Meet Andersen

Start from the beginning

" That individual couldn't be it, can it? "

Yuuya mumbled, concerned. His gaze darts everywhere, but he always returns to Andersen.

Yuuka frowned as she reasoned that it was a likely possibility.

" Perhaps they share the same name. A complete coincidence? "

Yuuken who has watched some anime, chose to propose another option.

" Is it possible that we are Isekaid in a parallel world centered on writers? "

While the three were speculating, Yuu brought up an important point.

" Andersen...I recall. Is the author correct? .. Earlier, if I recall correctly, the thing he used to capture Grim was a character from his book. "

Yuuka's pupils dilated.

" That's correct! The thing summoned earlier is a fictional character from his novel. "

Yuuken and Yuuya are both perplexed. Unfortunately for them, they are unfamiliar with the story of Hans Christian Andersen's Ice Queen. They only knew the fairytale creator from his work on The Little Mermaid and The Little Match Girl, his most famous works.

Crowley moves his gaze towards them while the four are muttering and conversing. Under Crowley's stare, the four silenced their whispering. The headmaster's gaze beneath the mask was fixed on Yuu right now. Crowley then tells him:

" Unfortunately, Mr. Yuu, I am unable to accept your invitation to study at Night Raven College. But, because it was the Dark Mirror's fault, we'd discuss what would happen to the four of you later. "

Yuu simply nodded his head when he heard it. Not being bothered by the outcome. He expected his strategy to fail from the very beginning.

When he first met Crowley, he had suspected that everything was a mistake. They arrived here entirely by chance.

Then, if it was an accident, Yuu assumed that returning would be difficult. Their return to their world would be gradual. Crowley should take some responsibility for the object that led them to be transferred here in the first place.

Unfortunately, his views of the headmaster suggested that it was unlikely.

Yuu were already arranging various ways to have the headmaster assist them in returning to their world and having a roof over their heads after this event. Even if his buddies didn't approve of his behavior, he wouldn't hesitate to blackmail Crowley again with larger stakes if the situation arose.

It was for everyone's sake... Grim was a bonus. Because it appears that Yuuya, in particular, has grown to like the troublesome cat,

Crowley continues, saying

"..For the time being, since all of the students have been sorted, the entrance ceremony will take place, and the students will understand why they won't all immediately return to their dorms for the welcome party. Please go ahead, Mr. Andersen. "

Andersen speaks in full view of everyone.

" I am your newest lecturer here at Night Raven College, as you have learned from the headmaster, Dire Crowley. Perhaps the second and third-year students have received the timetable and subjects for this year from your dorm heads in the previous few days? Considering you all have eyes and aren't some uneducated and uncivilized caveman, you've probably heard that the inconsequential literature course that was removed from the NRC's curriculum years ago has reappeared. That's correct! It's me! Hans Christian Andersen, the pointlesscurriculums professor. "

Aside from their apparent distaste for Andersen, the students remain unfazed.

" The literature topic is mandatory for the first year, however, it is fully optional as an extra subject for the second and third years. Accept it if you want to rack up some points, but don't accept it if you're a lazy jerk. Don't take the subject if you don't want to see my face. Masochists are not welcome in my classes. "

" Mr Andersen! "

Andersen persisted, ignoring Crowley's reprimand.

" Unfortunately, you unfortunate people would have to meet me for the second and third years. After all, I am the new professor of summoning studies. I'm uncertain about what became of the former lecturer. With my biased perspective, I can only assume that he grew bored of dealing with spoiled brats like you. "

In annoyance, some students clenched their fists and gnashed their teeth. But they would put up with everything simply to be rid of this annoying lecturer sooner.

Andersen inquired, a mocking smile on his face.

" Are you already fed up with me? Hah! You can only put up with my existence until Crowley decides to fire me! To make it happen, you must all locate him a skilled summoner who does not require money or food to survive. I don't care if you like me or not, but since I accepted the position of professor at Night Raven College, I would make certain that you learned all of the lessons in my field. Education is vital; do not squander the opportunity to learn. "

Everyone thought Andersen's piercing blue glare at them was unusually icy before it vanished, and he resumed his introduction and speech.

" Each lesson in the literary subject would have two teaching styles: a textbook version and a practical one. The textbook version is a typical classroom discussion, whereas the practical version is a teaching style that I created. Those interested in taking the practical version of literature lessons should carefully read the waivers before signing up. "

The kids are perplexed as they listen to Andersen. Waivers? Why would they require those items? Unfortunately for them, Andersen did not elaborate because he was discussing another topic.

"..And, for the significant announcement, I will be one of the instructors in charge of the examinations for this year's batch."

Andersen paused, a Schadenfreude expression on his face as he casually introduced a certain issue.

The prior year's tests were said to be unusually easy for everyone.

He continued, not anticipating an answer to his question, but Azul and everyone else had a dreadful foreboding for this year.

" I am pleased to announce that the examination this year will be different! Each subject will have two versions of the exam. "

At the end of Andersen's explanation, all of the pupils are mentally cursing Andersen.

Hell Difficulty and Baby Difficulty?!

It was both ludicrous and vexing at the same time.

Andersen was on his way to becoming the most despised person at Night Raven College.