Chapter 34 Gift

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lu Xu's eyes dimmed.

It’s not that the county magistrate didn’t know, he just pretended not to know.

Maybe not only they can't offend them, but even the county magistrate can't offend them. Otherwise, I wouldn't know it and ignore it.

Lu Xu: "Tell me, why? The adults are one parent, and the boat gang is just a local gangster."

Yan Junqi asserted: "There is a shortage of food elsewhere, and the grain tax collected by Guanyang is far from enough to fill the gap. We can only turn a blind eye and let merchants resell."

Lu Xuren was dumbfounded, "Huh?"

Yan Junqi: "According to the laws of our dynasty, if one party is hit by a disaster and borrows food from elsewhere, not only must the local government report to the local government for instructions, and the county guard must report to the court, but it must also be verified and approved by the Ministry of Household Affairs. It is a long process. When the instructions are obtained, at least there will be From ten days to half a month, Guanyang is far away from the capital, and it takes at least a month to go back and forth. Moreover, even if the imperial court approves it, the other party will have to pay it back next year."

Lu Xu: "..."

Yan Junqi sighed: "Although the private sale of salt, grain and ironware is not allowed, Daqi has been nearly a hundred years old, and many laws are no longer fully applicable. I heard that a few years ago, the army was short of food, and the uncle bought a large amount from the south with his own money. The rice grains are transported to the north."

At that time, food prices also soared in the south, and I heard that ginseng was also used by my uncle.

But as for the specifics, he was just listening to people chatting outside the examination room and didn't know the details.

"Grain can now be sold privately by default, but it cannot be sold in large quantities. But what constitutes a large amount is difficult to define. Nowadays, people are willing to sell and buy, and merchants transport food from places of abundance to places of scarcity. It’s a local emergency, this is the fastest way, and no one can say anything.”

Lu Xu frowned, "No one is allowed to buy and sell. Originally, merchants would transport the excess from the east to the west, and the excess from the west would be dumped to the east. But the problem in Guanyang is not that the people buy food, but that the people in Guanyang don't know the situation. , merchants went to villages and towns in advance to collect grain at low prices. Now, not only do they sell Guanyang wheat to takeaways, they also sell it to Guanyang County at high prices! I think they are just hoarding it and deliberately driving up grain prices."

Yan Junqi was startled. Lu Xu always inadvertently revealed his acumen that he could hardly detect. But what was interesting was that those shrewdness were always fleeting. They only came and went naturally. He did not know it after careful consideration.

Shrewdness, innocence, and seemingly contradictory things naturally converge in him.

Lu Xu scolded a few words in a low voice that a profiteer would die, took a few deep breaths, digested it for three seconds, turned his head and solemnly stated his position, and paid for himself: "Jun Qi, we also need to talk about making money when we do business. Loyalty and unconscionable business will not last long, only if you are good, I am good, everyone is good, and no one will suffer!"

Yan Junqi looked at him with a look of "I'm so good" and "quickly praise me", he couldn't help laughing, and said sincerely: "Brother Xu is naturally the best."

Lu Xu was reserved: "It's just average, not even the best. I still have to work hard."

He turned his head and comforted Yan Junqi: "We have done everything we should do. Since the county magistrate has difficult things to do, we can only do this for the time being. Let's do our own things first. You study hard, and I will do my best." To make money, we will take care of our family members from freezing and starvation, at least we will not add trouble to the current situation."