Chapter 135 Cooperation partners

"First of all, I don't understand the language of the barbarians, and I have a lot of inconveniences. Contacting them rashly may be dangerous. If I want to do business with the barbarians... at least for now, there are definitely not many people who are willing. Anyway, I don't want to."

He Chengye nodded.

Not to mention the merchants who were greedy for money and cherished their lives, even if the military households were allowed to deal with the barbarians, they would most likely resist it.

Not only in Shuozhou, but also in the entire northern border, the Daqi people were still wary and resistant to the barbarians.

Lu Xu said: "Secondly, the military households are the ones who have to deal with the barbarians in the north for a long time. Only if they dare to do business with the barbarians, communicate with each other, and even make money from the barbarians, and take the initiative in commerce, can they really Don’t be afraid of the barbarians, become the master of the North, and live in the North.”

He Chengye was shocked when he heard the second reason.

He didn't understand business, but when it came to border stability, politics, military affairs, etc., He Chengye was far ahead of Lu Xu.

Lu Xu's words "Become the master of the North and live in the North" made him nervous.

The DPRK and China were quarreling over the land seized from the barbarians, the relocation of military households, and other issues. The core was actually how to stabilize the border and prevent the barbarians from rebelling and counterattacking, so as to prevent Daqi from falling into endless war again.

Using military households to guard and contain the barbarians was a method negotiated by many parties. However, in practice, it was only to allow the people to migrate from various places, which was already extremely difficult.

He came here this time just to handle this important matter, and he also understood that although the migrating military households were here, their hearts were not in the north.

What Lu Xu said is a method. Only by allowing military households to take root safely in the north will they be willing to call this place their home and guard it.

For a moment, He Chengye thought about many important matters in the court, and then looked at Lu Xu with a sharp look.

But what about Lu Xu?

He was still afraid that He Chengye wouldn't understand, so he racked his brains to explain to him: "It's like opening a restaurant or food shop, collecting grain and buying vegetables from farmers, preparing meals and selling them to diners, and making money from it. Only when you make money can you Open another branch.”

"When the stores become bigger and restaurants don't have the energy to buy from farmers, then they can have special grain shops to collect grain and special vegetable shops to collect vegetables. Restaurants can just go to grain shops and vegetable shops to buy. They only need to Study how to make the food more delicious and attract more people. In this way——"

Lu Xu counted on his fingers: "Farmers will make money, grain shops and vegetable shops will make money, restaurants and food shops will also make money. Everyone will get rich."

"Compared to the northern border, our merchants and travelers are the guests, and the military households and common people in the northern border are the restaurants, grain shops, and vegetable shops. Of course, the farmers are not just barbarians. The military households and the people who migrated north have lived for a long time. There are other similar businesses too.”

"What's more interesting than the restaurant is that we not only come here to eat, but we also transport food, cloth and other items from the south, so that the north will not be short of food and clothing, and the south can also use the special products of the north, such as cattle, horses, furs, etc. If necessary, there are also sheep, I am very interested in mutton!”