Chapter 52 Try your best

The third uncle was confused. Why would anyone dare to break into the county government office?

"What, what's going on?"

Lu Xu: "I'll go take a look."

He asked his third uncle to wait for him on the street opposite the county government office, and he went around to the Qiu brothers.

Lu Xu sneaked in, knocked on Tan Shitou, and called him in a low voice, "Stone."

Tan Shitou was startled when he saw Lu Xu, and hurriedly came out of the crowd, "Why are you here?" He saw Lu Xu covered in mud by the light of a torch, and he was in a miserable state, "Did you come on the mountain road?!"

Lu Xu didn't have time to reminisce with him, so he took him to his third uncle's place and asked about the situation. Tan Shitou had met his third uncle when he was delivering goods to Lu's grocery store, so he obediently called him, "third uncle."

The third uncle responded hurriedly.

Lu Xu: "What's going on? Why did you surround the county government office?"

Tan Shitou: "We are not the ones surrounding you!"

He whispered: "The news in the city is messy now. Some people say that Yi Yuan has fallen and suffered a defeat. Now Shuozhou County is in chaos and they want to recruit troops from Longxing County. Some people say that there has been a victory in the north and the imperial court is going to a decisive battle." We have just recruited troops, and there is talk that the main forces of the two sides had a confrontation a while ago, with heavy casualties, and they need to replace them, but we don’t know whether it’s true or not.”

The third uncle's face turned pale, "Can I still buy a replacement?"

Tan Shitou shook his head: "No! No buying or substituting is allowed this time. If found out, the whole family will be sent to the army. Even our village will have to serve this time. The Song family is taking the lead in making trouble."

The third uncle's heart dropped.

Lu Xu gritted his teeth and thought quickly.

Tan Shitou didn't notice, and kept talking as usual: "There are many Song family members, and they can't find anyone to replace them. They have been arguing for several days about who is going and who is not going. Now except Song Da and Song Er, everyone else has returned. Third Master Song and their Twelfth Master have decided that Luo Shen is going to target the boat gang, and they will send someone out tomorrow. Today they will bring the boatmen and coolies to surround the Yamen, and Luo Shen must also go with them, otherwise they will not go."

Lu Xu frowned, "You guys are going too?"

Tan Shitou looked depressed: "This time our village will also have to serve in the military, and no one can be missing. The county magistrate said that if one is missing, he will drive us out of Guanyang and send troops to destroy our village."

Lu Xu: "..."

He looked into the crowd and thought that maybe the Song family's guess was right. Maybe it wasn't Luo Shen, but the county lieutenant or magistrate who wanted to take the opportunity to suppress the Boat Gang and the Qiu family.

The Song family understood clearly, but Qiu Hu didn't necessarily understand, so he accompanied the boat gang to make trouble and vent his anger.

Lu Xu asked: "Brother Luo Shen is an official official, so he shouldn't go."

Tan Shitou: "That's right, and there are three Luo Shen brothers, and his two younger brothers are going. Just the two standing next to him."

Lu Xu looked at him and saw that one of them was young, probably in his twenties at most.