The Love of My Life

Note: Wow, it has been a long time since I've been able to update this... I finally had time to do so! This one doesn't have a lot of plot, just some cute Tech stuff.

Warnings: None, literally just a bunch of cheesy fluff and playful bantering.

You're sitting in one of the chairs in the cockpit looking out the window. The ship is in hyperspace because you're returning to Ord Mantell after your last mission. It's late, and you're almost certain everyone is sleeping. To your surprise, Tech walks over and sits in the chair next to you.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking about the temples on Coruscant."

"Do you miss being there?"

You look away from the window and at him. "I do. The statues, the architecture, you would've loved it, Tech. They were incredible."

Tech looks a little sad. "I'm very sorry they were destroyed. I bet it was wonderful."

"It was." You smile.

Tech moves closer to you and holds your hand. "You look tired, darling."

"I'm alright. I can stay up, I like talking to you." You say.

He sighs. "I like talking to you as well. However, you just fought an inquisitor. It would be wise to get some rest."

You finally agree and follow him back to his room.

~

"I'll be back in a minute. I'm going to get some water for you." Tech says, leaving the room.

You change into some more comfortable clothes. Tech comes back and gives you a glass of water. You both sit on the bed.

"You still seem troubled."

"I just..." You sigh. "Are we really accomplishing anything? It feels like everything good we do never counts."

Tech places his hand on yours. "We are. It may not seem like it, but everything we do, even if it's small, matters."

You rest your shoulder on his head. "Yeah. I hope."

"I just want a future where it won't feel like we're the only ones against the world. I want a future where Omega can have a good life." Tech says.

"Would... would I be included in that future?" You ask timidly.

"Of course you would, Y/N. You're the love of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way."

~

You wake up with Tech next to you, surprisingly. He's usually up so early. Tech sits up and stretches, then puts on his goggles.

"Ha. I woke up before you."

"Congratulations on that achievement."

"Hey, it's a big accomplishment. You get up at five in the kriffing morning every day."

Tech gets out of bed and stands up. "I'll go make us some caf."

You stand up as well. "No, I'll do it. You always make it."

"If you insist."

You leave Tech's room and go to the common area of the ship.

~

"Wow. You were tired." Wrecker says when you enter the area.

"Yeah. I didn't realize how much I needed that sleep." You respond.

"Where's Tech?" Omega asks.

"He woke up just after I did. I'm making him and I some caf."

Omega smiles. "Aww, that's sweet."