Show-off.

Things are quiet after what happened on Kamino. Crosshair is with the Empire, and the rest of you are still together. Every day seems like the same. It's late right now. Everyone is sleeping except for you. The ship slowly travels through space, and you take a moment to just watch the galaxy. You go to the cockpit and see Tech laying in his chair, lightly snoring. You check the map, trying to be careful not to disturb him. As you pull up the map on the screen, you see you're headed for a quiet planet nearby. It'll be good to lay low for a while. You think. You stand there for a little bit, listening to the electrical hum of the ship. 

You hear clumsy footsteps coming out of a room. As you look over,  you see Wrecker trying to tiptoe over to the stash of food silently. He makes a little noise, startled because of you. You put a finger to your lips and gesture to Tech, trying to tell him to be quiet. He grabs some food and tries to carefully open the package. Then, you hear Tech mumble, "I can hear you getting food, Wrecker." as he keeps his eyes closed. Wrecker quickly goes to his room, not even bothering to be quiet after hearing Tech. Tech groans and opens his eyes. "Just as I was getting some good rest..." He says. Tech puts on his goggles and sees that it's you. "Hey, Y/N.." He says while yawning. "Go to sleep. You need it." You say. He rolls his eyes. "I'm already awake, and I don't want to wake up anybody while going to my room like Wrecker did." He gets up and stretches his arms. You use the force to hover a nearby wrench. He watches you. "So interesting.." He says. "What?" You reply. "The Force. Your powers. You.." He says. "Do you.. want to know more about it?" You ask. He nods. "I got my powers when I was a kid. I actually wasn't that good at the academy, and it took a lot of work." You explain. He looks a little surprised. "How often do you feel you connect with the force?" He asks. "The force is all around us..." You say, beginning to explain like your master did years ago. 

Tech has been engaged the whole time. He's written down a fair amount of notes. "I didn't interact with the Jedi like the regs did. I did like to learn about the Jedi Order, though." He says.  An error message appears on the screen of the dashboard. Tech sighs. "Always something with the Marauder..." He says, laying down on the floor to get a closer look at the wires underneath. "Can you hand me that wrench?" He asks. You use the force to give it to him. You lay on the ground next to him and watch him work on the wires. He struggles with a few parts that won't come off. You again use the force to take it off easily. "Show-off..." He mutters. You laugh. "What do you mean?" He blushes. "Just that... you can do that so easily. I'm usually the one who can do it." He says, flustered. "Aww, Tech..." You start. "You know more than I do. Just because I can get some parts to work again doesn't mean you can't fix it." You say, handing him the wrench again. He smiles and works on the wires again. He finally fixes it. "There." he says confidently. "Are you jealous of me?" You tease. "I have an exceptional mind, Y/N." He says. "I even designed this for you." He says. He goes to a corner of the ship and holds out a lightsaber hilt. You can tell it's been delicately crafted for you. "I noticed your lightsaber hilt has been damaged. I designed this one to last longer and looks a little better." He says. You take the hilt and notice all of the intricate details. It's a goldish color with an elegant look. On the bottom of the hilt, you see the symbol of the Bad Batch engraved. "You didn't have to do this..." You say, smiling. Tech flusters a little. "Well... y-you needed it. It was nothing." He says. 

Once everyone wakes up, you and Tech go to his room and disassemble your lightsaber. You take out your kyber crystal and place it in the hilt. You assemble the parts again and turn on your saber. The bright color of the blade makes the hilt appear brighter. You step away from Tech and swing your lightsaber a little. It feels perfect in your hand. You turn it off and Tech stands up. "Thank you." You say. "Of course, c'yarika." He replies, kissing your forehead.