Stay

Warnings: Some nightmares/flashbacks, this is like a Tech comforting the reader chapter.

You and the squad just completed a mission and are back at Cid's Cantina. You got the credits for completing the job are getting drinks at the bar. Omega and Cid are playing Dejarik behind you at a table. Hunter orders all of you the drinks they have on tap. All of you cheers your drinks. 
"Good job on that mission, Y/N." Hunter says, taking a sip of his drink.
"Yeah, the way you used the Force was amazing!" Wrecker adds, a little louder than you'd have liked.
"Quiet down, Wrecker." Tech tells him. You can tell that he doesn't want someone to know you're a Jedi so you don't get hurt. 
"Sorry..." Wrecker whispers. 
Crosshair looks over to Cid and Omega. 
"Who's winning?" He asks. 
"Me!" Omega says, excited.
"Only because I'm teaching her!" Cid says. 

You and the boys have a few more drinks. Everyone begins to head back to the ship since it's getting late and the sun has already set (Hunter reminded all of you, 'Omega should be asleep!'). Tech turns on his flashlight to see the ship. Everyone gets on. 
"Goodnight, everyone!" Omega says. 
"Goodnight, kid." Hunter replies, smiling.
"You're really like her father, Hunter." You say. 
He looks flustered. "I- No. I'm not... goodnight." He quickly walks into his room.
As Wrecker walks past you, he says to you, "You're right about Hunter, you know."
"I'm going to get ready for bed." Tech says, walking into his room. 
You wait a second so he can get ready. Echo walks over to you. 
"This is a little weird, I guess, but I can tell that Tech really cares for you. The way he looks at you and talks to you... he loves you. A lot." He says.
"It's not weird." You reply. "Tech's amazing. I love him." 
Echo goes into his room and Tech waits for you to get ready for bed. 

Tech turns off the light in his room and you two get under the covers of the bed. He takes off his goggles and rubs the bridge of his nose.
"Are you alright?" You ask. You can't tell if he's stressed.
"I'm alright. Just tired from today's mission." He replies. 
You move closer to him and cuddle up to him. 
"How did I manage to get this perfect girlfriend?" He says, running his fingers through your hair. 
"You give me too much credit, Tech. Really." You respond. 
You're glad he can't see how much you're blushing.
"Well, I'm only stating a fact." He jokes.
You yawn, and Tech yawns after you.
"I guess we'll have another mission tomorrow. We'll need our energy." You say. 
"Yes, we should get some rest." Tech responds.
"Goodnight, Tech." You say.
"Goodnight, mesh'la." Tech responds, kissing your forehead. 

You can't tell that you're dreaming. You currently see Order 66 and your fellow Jedi getting killed. It's different this time. The ones killing the Jedi around you are The Bad Batch. They spot you and chase after you. You finally outrun them after they kept shooting at you. The next nightmare is of Tech falling again. You jump after him and try to save him, but it's no use. He dies in your arms. After having these two nightmares, you wake up panting.
"T-Tech..." You sob.
He wakes up and moves his hand around the table next to him, searching for his goggles. He puts them on and turns towards you.
"Y/N... What's wrong?" He asks. His tone is concerned but caring.
"I had these two nightmares. One was where you and the squad were after me during Order 66, and the other was when I tried to save you but you just... you died in my arms!" You say, continuing to cry. 
You can't help it. The nightmares seemed so real, so vivid. 
"It's okay. I'm here. You're safe with me." Tech says, holding you.
You hold onto him tightly.
"Is it alright if I turn on the light so I can see you?" He asks.
"Yeah." You sniffle.
Tech gets out of bed and turns on the light. He sits next to you again and frowns when he sees your tears. He wipes them with his finger. 
"Just focus on me. I'm here. We're on Ord Mantell. We are safe." He comforts you.
"T-Thank you..." You say.
He goes and turns off the lights, taking off his goggles.
"Of course. Here, come closer. You can fall asleep in my arms." He says, smiling softly.
You get really close to Tech and let yourself be comforted by being this close, falling asleep again.

When you wake up, you see that Tech is sitting up, looking at his datapad.
"Oh. You're awake." He says. 
He reaches over to the table next to him and hands you a cup filled with caf. You look at it and see that he's prepared it just the way you like it.
"Thank you." You say, smiling.
You look over at his datapad. "What are you looking at?"
"The ship diagnostics. I want to make sure the Marauder is in good condition for our next mission." He replies.
"I guess I should get dressed if we're going on our mission soon." You say, starting to get up.
"Wait." He says. "Just stay for a moment. There's no need to rush."
You sit back down in bed and lean on him. He puts down his datapad on the table and picks up some rations. He hands them to you.
"You're spoiling me this morning, huh?" You say.
"You had a rough night. I figured it would be good for you to have a slow morning to ease back into things." Tech explains. 
"You're amazing..." You reply.
He pulls the covers up a little more. It's nice and cozy in this moment. Usually your mornings are very fast-paced and you don't even get a chance to just relax like this. Nobody is knocking on your door or asking you to do something. It's just a chance to have a relaxing morning with Tech. He's usually already up and out of the room when you wake up, or you both get up at the same time. 
"It's so weird... You'd think Wrecker would be knocking on our door or something, or Echo would need help with the ship." You say.
"I already told them to go get the job from Cid and give us some space. I wanted us to have a quiet morning without any distractions." Tech responds. 
"Oh." You say. "That's why it's so quiet..."