Gentleman

"Y/N?" Tech calls from the cockpit. You walk over and he's sitting in the pilot's seat, fiddling with some buttons on the control panel. "Yeah?" You ask. "Would you mind helping me with a research assignment about Order 66?" He says shyly. You nod. You sit in the co-pilot's seat and turn to face him. "What can I do for you?" You say. "I just need some information. Who executed the order?" You look down at the floor with a grim look on your face. "Darth Sidious. Emperor Palpatine." He pauses for a moment to write it down on his tablet. "That was who we saw on the hologram on Kamino. Did he have any... apprentices?" You remember training with Anakin and Obi-Wan, some of your old masters. You close your eyes for minute. "Yes. Anakin Skywalker." A tear falls down your cheek. "Darth Vader." He notices, and looks at you. He knows how important he was to you. "I- we can do this later-" He starts. "No." You interrupt. "Let's finish this." He nods. "Are there any other Jedi you know of who are alive?" He asks timidly. You shake your head. "No. I heard you already met Captain Rex, he's the only person I know who is alive, but he isn't a Jedi." Tech writes this down. "Why are they after the Jedi?" You look out the window and see all of the stars. "To kill them. Palpatine wants to kill the Jedi so they aren't a threat to the Empire." By now you're really crying. Tech gets up and walks over to you. He places a hand on your shoulder. "Thanks for helping me, Y/N. I know this is hard for you." You smile a bit. You didn't expect Tech to be such a... gentleman.

Tech walks back to his seat and sits down. You both sit there for a minute, marveling at the beauty of the stars. After a while, you get up and walk out to the hull and sit by the gonk droid. You keep thinking of Order 66 and all of the things on your mind. You sit there for a minute, just quietly crying. Omega walks over and sees that you are sad. "Y/N?" She asks. "Are you alright?" You look over to her. "Just... Thinking of Order 66, and Palpatine, and everything." You reply, sniffling. She comes closer to you and gives you a hug. "It's not your fault, Y/N. You can't control it. And, you got us." You smile. "Thanks, Omega." She nods. She challenges you to a game of Sabaac, which you let her win. It's so cute to see her little smile. Tech walks in, his hair messy from laying down and fixing the ship. "I've gotten some more information." He says, looking at you. "What do you got, Tech?" You ask, eager to know more. "More information on Darth Sidious." Wrecker walks in. "Nobody cares, Tech!" He says, pushing Tech to the side. "Wrecker, it's okay." Wrecker sighs and walks away. He's always looking for a way to annoy Tech. You reach for Tech's tablet for the information. "I was thinking we could look at that tomorrow. I know you're a bit stressed..." He says, fiddling with his hands. "Sounds good." You smile warmly. "Can I get you anything?" Tech asks. "I don't know what you all have." You say. You haven't been with the Bad Batch for that long. "I'll surprise you." Tech smiles. 

Tech comes back a few minutes later with some Bantha Milk in a cup. It looks like he even warmed it up. He hands the warm mug to you. You sip it and savor the cozy feeling. "Thank you, Tech." He nods. "How about a game of Shah-tezh?" Omega asks. "Y/N and I against you?" She says, looking at Tech. He nods. He presses the button to turn on the board. "Ready for this, Tech?" Omega asks. "It's simple strategy. Based on the probability-" Wrecker walks in at the perfect time, punching Tech in the arm. "Nobody cares, Tech!"